Eastern NC Verzuz: Greenville/Wilson/RockyMount/Goldsboro/Jacksonville/Wilmington/Fayetteville/Other

Which is Best: Battle of (B)Eastern North Carolina Cities

• Total voters

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Respect the input. :ehh:

I agree to a great extent, except changes are coming.

Secondly, no Triangle is not in Eastern NC (ignore map in OP :dead:)...it is the Piedmont (the soil is more clay-like, which is great for making bricks (No Pablo)) and topography is hilly like a voluptuous woman. You can literally tell the difference when you drive past I-95 after a few miles. Trust me on this point. That's 4th grade NC geography. :russ:

I get you, but then you can't call Fayetteville ENC either because no one really does. Fayetteville is in the Sandhills and is more hilly than any of these coastal areas and the soil is sandy as shyt. My parents been there since '05, I lived there twice. I still go every month to take my girls to visit them and new home building in Fayetteville is basically building on top of sand...

Y’all got me reminiscing about my days in Fayettenam, spent six years in that town. For a town of its size, there was actually a lot to do for a young man in his 20’s. Wilmington on the other hand, was vey disappointing. Went twice and never went back.

Wilmington is complete trash, I want that trip of my life back lol. It was cool seeing Jordan's high school though...

The biggest knock on Fayetteville is it has a very service and military dependent economy and wages aren't good; the public school system is pretty bad too; and it isnt a big city so it lacks the amenities bigger cities offer, you can run out of shyt to do..

But it has plenty to do if you're comparing it to cities its size. Its way bigger than any of these other cities, this isn't even a fair comparison to Fayetteville lol...

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
nothing bringing Downtown Rocky Mount back:francis:
Still looks like the 1960s over there
The old neighborhood that's adjacent with the nice 100 year houses are cool to look at when driving down there
Only reason to really go is to catch the Sliver Service / Palmetto Amtrak train that runs back and forth from Miami to NYC everyday

Lol and that mufukka be hours late sometimes. COVID definitely hasn't helped Rocky Mount

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
nothing bringing Downtown Rocky Mount back:francis:
Still looks like the 1960s over there
The old neighborhood that's adjacent with the nice 100 year houses are cool to look at when driving down there
Only reason to really go is to catch the Sliver Service / Palmetto Amtrak train that runs back and forth from Miami to NYC everyday

Interesting..

So you saying article is ALL CAPS? :patrice:

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Interesting..

So you saying article is ALL CAPS? :patrice:
I noticed it was heavily focused on Black business owners down there running out of those old storefronts hoping to live their dreams of owning a successful business
Those places aren't going to attract young folks who should be who they are trying to get
I could see if the Edgecombe Community College was over there, use that as a centerpiece and build around it but that's on the other side of 64
Every town in Eastern NC has those downtown main streets where the buildings are 100 years old and are falling a part
My hometown's Main Street is experiencing collapsing buildings one by one and since every store is connected for the most part, its eventually going to catch up to the remaining ones that are still standing
The only Main Street is kinda of surviving is Greenville's and thats because ECU is right there and they are absorbing it pretty much

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Yall stuck on Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro-Winston Salem....that's cool and love to see it :blessed:......but there's a whole AfrAm heavy eastern 1/3 of state in land mass that's typically been hit or miss, that's beginning to shake things up, as those bigger cities begin to get expensive and crowded.

Petey spits out some these cities in first album.

Remember my 2nd post in this thread....I said as the other bigger cities (Specifically Raleigh area, since it's closest) begins to get crowded and more expensive...this area becomes more ... "interesting" to Cost of Living Pirates...

Raleigh 4th, Charlotte 2nd, for greatest home price increases in U.S. | WRAL TechWire

A few months ago I saw an advertisement by Rocky Mount Chamber of Commerce, or something like that, on my feed (and I'm not even living in NC) talk about its attractiveness as a commuting city for Raleigh........ 60 miles away....

Rocky Mount has never done that...almost guarantee that....

Last edited: