EA SPORTS: COLLEGE FOOTBALL

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
For over 11,000 college football players, Thursday will be the first chance to opt in to EA Sports' new college football game, EA Sports College Football 25, and get paid for it.

EA Sports has finalized its name, image and likeness plan and will begin the opt-in process. Up to 85 players per school will initially appear on rosters in the game, which comes out this summer.

All athletes who opt in to have their name, image and likeness appear will eventually receive $600, plus a copy of the game that's typically valued at $70. Athletes would remain in the game for their entire careers but could opt out of future editions if they choose. Athletes who remain in the game for multiple years will be paid annually, and players who transfer will continue to be compensated as long as they are on a roster.

"We feel very proud that we'll be the largest program, likely the highest-spending program," EA Sports vice president of business development Sean O'Brien told ESPN. "And really an inclusive opportunity with an equitable distribution of funds across the board."

To help arrive at the $600 payment, O'Brien said EA Sports looked at deals completed with other sports titles, including the Madden NFL series, the NHL series and the company's soccer game. EA Sports' college football deal comes with no expectation of services provided by the athlete and will be guaranteed regardless of the game's success.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I refuse to cop first day. Ea does not deserve that grace. Not after 10+ years of lies and shyt Madden titles.

They're not gonna get me with some nostalgia marketing. I need a trusted source to tell me that the game is good first.
Won’t matter cuz too many nikkas gonna have this shyt pre-ordered and paid off before they even see the game, but salute for being a smart consumer :russ:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Definitely rooting for em. Soon as I get word it’s not typical EA shyt, I’m front row and center :salute:

I still have hope the last ncaa game played totally different from madden. I mean a team like navy that runs the triple option is totally different than a spread option or power run.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Will use the exact same engine as Madden. Not sure why people are excited.

NCAA was always on the same engine as Madden, literally every game, the difference is that the games had different teams working on it. They specifically said it won’t be a Madden reskin.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
NCAA was always on the same engine as Madden, literally every game, the difference is that the games had different teams working on it. They specifically said it won’t be a Madden reskin.

That was back before the frostbite engine though.

Madden now uses Frostbite which is straight azz and wasn't even originally created for sports games. That's partially why Madden and all EA sports sucks so much now

Can you name one EA sports title over the past 5 years that has received excellent reviews? Serious question I'm not trying to be funny.

Basically imo you need to hope that their dev team for this game had some breakthrough Eureka moment, or you could prepare for some more of the same nonsense gameplay wise

Last edited: