EA Sports announces the return of NCAA Football

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
Could not care less about college sports.

Where the fukk is Fight Night?

EA is getting raided on Twitter about this. DAZN, ESPN and Top Rank have all started chirping at EA asking them about Fight Night.

Go on there and throw your 2 cents in if you havent already

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I honestly don't know if it's worth their time. Their monetization model probably isn't one that schools/the NCAA if they were to get involved would be completely cool with. And even if they are, it's still probably not advisable for the time being, considering the temperature around just how much schools/conferences are making without passing any of the money along.

They could just license old players like Vince Young, Tim Tebow, Reggie Bush, Doug Flutie, etc and sell them in packs. And they could monetize the hell out it a my player career. I’d be surprised it EA isn’t going to do this exact thing

EA’s game is reportedly 2-3 years away and by then the likeness problem will probably be squared away so any issues the schools would have with the monetization model would be addressed.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They could just license old players like Vince Young, Tim Tebow, Reggie Bush, Doug Flutie, etc and sell them in packs. And they could monetize the hell out it a my player career. I’d be surprised it EA isn’t going to do this exact thing

EA’s game is reportedly 2-3 years away and by then the likeness problem will probably be squared away so I any issues they would have with the monetization model would be addressed.

We talking packs in addition to the base roster, or they're just the roster of the game?

Because that could work pretty well for the former idea, probably not for the latter. I don't remember that All Pro game 2K made that used retired players being all that notable aside from the fukkery surrounding OJ being in the game. :mjlol:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Why they stop making it in the first place?

I remember NCAA was considered the great value football game until the real shyt came out (madden) a few weeks later.

:mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

I remember NCAA was considered the great value football game until the real shyt came out (madden) a few weeks later.

not down here or was it that s*** was always more popular than Madden amongst my peer group in the in where I was from I know it was bigger nationally but on college campuses NCAA was Miles ahead of a madden

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Can 2k jump into this too:sadcam:
They could make a nonbranded football game using retired or made up players whenever they want. It's a matter of will it sell well enough without official branding.

College players sued because they weren't getting paid for their likeness.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I got in his ass (pause) when he came to Norman, and was 1 INT away from winning the following season @Auburn.:jawalrus:

My Sooner teams were so stacked.:wow:
I just ran against the cheeser nicca @Tony D'Amato in the national title game
Ya soul still burnin slow huh

Your d was trash:dame:

If cellphone cameras were as good back then @MMS couldn't show his face in another dynasty

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
Wow!!!! All they got to do is remake 14 with updated graphics and playoff system