EA Says X-Box Sold 29.4 Milly By End of 2017

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
But let's break it down:

Yes microsoft does include Xbox live users across all platforms. That's been intentional. The same applies for PSN subscribers. I'm not sure what point you're making here.

Red Herring

Yes, PC games do count if they're using the Xbox Live service. This was added with the inclusion of cross play. Is there a reason you think it shouldn't or does not apply to the Xbox Live platform?

Misleading: It doesn't matter if the users are free or not they have to use the service. Your xbox 360 being connected does not meet the threshold for being an active user. Similarly, having one account on multiple devices does not count as additional users.

So what point are you actually trying to make? That all xbox live users aren't consoles? That wasn't a point that was ever made.
You haven't proved me wrong tho. Straw men are wrong and distract from the truth. I am neither. If you gonna call names just be accurate.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You haven't proved me wrong tho. Straw men are wrong and distract from the truth. I am neither. If you gonna call names just be accurate.
It's a strawman because you're attributing a position that was never made.

Me: They had 59 Million MAU for Xbox live :manny:

You: Nah.

Once you say nah, you're implying that 59 million active Xbox live Users is incorrect. Which it is not. Nothing in your post disproves that. Instead you argued that not all of those active users are on the Xbox One in an attempt to say that the statement "There are 59 Million MAU users for Xbox Live" is false.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:sas2:

www.alphr.com/business/1009295/xbox-one-lifetime-sales-behind-ps4-microsoft-sony

Yesterday many people used EA’s recent financial report and (two plus two is four, minus one that’s three) quick maths to work out that Xbox One sales were really lagging behind those of PlayStation 4.

You can read how the sales were calculated here, but in short Xbox One was a smidgen under 30 million units and PlayStation 4 at over 73 million. Microsoft have come out fighting, “The projections are inaccurate,” a spokesperson told Alphr. “Regardless, we are focused on delivering amazing gaming experiences to players on all devices and engagement is our measure of progress.”

Microsoft moved away from sales figures a few years back when it was clear Sony was racing ahead and now like to report ‘engagements’. To be fair to Microsoft that sort of thing is really important in the days of games-as-services, Microsoft will be raking in the money from Xbox Live and in the end it doesn’t matter how they make the money, just that they make lots of it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Microsoft: "THE NUMBERS ARE NOT ACCURATE!!!"

"So what's the real numbers then Microsoft :sas1: ?"

Microsoft:
giphy.gif

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Microsoft:
giphy.gif

Yea...I don't like that.
I think Msft should keep it moving but by them denying the claim... They need to come through with the figures otherwise they are taking an even bigger L in my opinion.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Microsoft:
giphy.gif
You can criticize the PR, but it doesn't change the fact the numbers aren't accurate.

But let's be adults:

EA story runs.

Media reaches out to Microsoft for comment.

Microsoft says the numbers aren't accurate and per policy they don't focus on console sales since active users is a more accurate measure for the business.

:mjlol:

Still doesn't change what I've been saying all along about the numbers not being accurate.

The more you know. :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You can criticize the PR, but it doesn't change the fact the numbers aren't accurate.

But let's be adults:

EA story runs.

Media reaches out to Microsoft for comment.

Microsoft says the numbers aren't accurate and per policy they don't focus on console sales since active users is a more accurate measure for the business.

:mjlol:

Still doesn't change what I've been saying all along about the numbers not being accurate.

The more you know. :wow:

So calling one of your premier business partners liars is what's hot in the streets? You don't think EA has this information considering they need it to know sales, forecasts, and production figures? :mjgrin:

A simple no comment would have sufficed. :mjpls:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
So calling one of your premier business partners liars is what's hot in the streets? You don't think EA has this information considering they need it to know sales, forecasts, and production figures? :mjgrin:

A simple no comment would have sufficed. :mjpls:
EA's never made an estimate for Xbox or PS4 sales. They dataset they used gave them a combined estimate.

The journalist then used another dataset in an attempt to estimate what xbox sales may have been.

Microsoft said the conclusion made by the journalist was incorrect.

That would in no way harm their relationship with EA.

Let's just call this the vitamin water fallacy. :jbhmm:

You know, the one where everyone was trying to guess how much 50 actually made.

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I swear it's been reported that the sales were at somewhere around 36 mill at one point. so this record is actually still odd to me.