Which Conference Are You Most Excited For?

• EA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Bethesda

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • PC Gaming Show

• Ubisoft

• Sony

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Yeah thinking over, it really all depends on how powerful it is.

Like somebody said, if it's really powerful then yeah $499 makes sense because they do need to make money off of it.

At the same time, it will be DOA outside of the US. Maybe that's ok with Microsoft. :manny:

Edit: damn seems Geoff went on Neogaf and reconfirmed it himself

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Yes, this console should literally be treated like the Elite controller.

This is not for the person who plays games casually. This is for the techies and the console game enthusiasts.

For this reason, alone, is why they won't have Scorpio exclusives... The base will be purposefully small compared to the average X1 user.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yes, this console should literally be treated like the Elite controller.

This is not for the person who plays games casually. This is for the techies and the console game enthusiasts.

For this reason, alone, is why they won't have Scorpio exclusives... The base will be purposefully small compared to the average X1 user.
"I call it a premium console because I want people to be clear that the customer we're building that for is the premium gaming customer," said Spencer. "The person who buys the majority of the games, the person who's playing the most games, spending the most hours, spending the most dollars. It's like our Elite controller. I call that a premium controller.

"I'm not trying to scare anybody on the price. We're going to come out on a price that we think is fair for the product that we build and the customers will tell us as they always do. I call it premium because I don't want people to get confused that somehow Scorpio is the thing that is going to take over the Xbox line." - Phil Spencer

Can't get any more simple than that. :manny:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Anything less than $600 makes no sense whatsoever to me and that's still a steal...

I'd cop for $600 and I have zero interest in larry box and console gaming...

It's that much of a steal hardware wise...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
7SqpKHt.gif

:laff:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I'm sure 499 USD means 600 and something in CAD total. It's a lot.
500 converts to 675 CAD currently which means $699 would be the retail price PLUS tax would be $800 here in Ontario.

I got a perfectly fine X1, and a brand new PS4, ain't really nothing they can show that would make me break my piggy bank