Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
For someone that's never played either Dying Lights, which would be the better to start with out of the two?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I got the game but there’s two many other games out or coming out this month for this to get much attention from me. I’ll probably go all in in a few months. I had just gotten far enough to unlock multiplayer.
What other games besides Elden Ring?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I've beaten the main story and put about 75 hours into this. This game is fun, but some aspects of it can get repetitive. The parkour is fun(even if you feel more like Spiderman than a human being) and the combat is actually good IMO(I don't mind first person melee combat though). The encounters are repetitive though, and the mission types are not very varied, it is masked behind some pretty good writing with the side quests. Actually the side quests are the best written side quests since Witcher 3, IMO. The map is huge though, and traversing it can be overwhelming at first, but there is less of a focus on fighting the undead in this game.

One thing this game nails is player choice. While you always end up with the same place at the end, how you got there, the state you leave the city in, and who leaves with you are all effected by your choices. There are certain decisions that you make that will either open up or completely lock you out of certain paths and quests. Certain characters can either be killed or saved depending on your choices. This game has the best player choice since Outer Worlds.

As great as they nailed player choice, the story is kinda vanilla and predictable. Aiden is largely forgettable as well, most of the characters are which is a shame because the voice acting is top notch.

Overall I give this game the same rating I gave the first game, 7.5/10 mainly due to the gameplay being so good, granted I kinda think after Techland releases some DLC for this the score will shoot up a point like the first one did.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Got around to finally playing this and this is so underwhelming in comparison to the first. This straight up feels like a Ubisoft game with zombies. The parkour feels more fluid but that is where it ends. The side quests are trying too hard to be "wacky." The combat doesn't have the same weight. The map lacks the charm of Haran. The dilouge is God awful and doesn't sound remotely natural. It even looks worse graphically. And the characters (which weren't a strong suit in the first) are somehow even less interesting.

"Aiden-babaden!!"

I haven't even met Mia yet but off the strength of her annoying child VA that's CLEARLY a middle aged adult, I already hope she dies. Incredibly disappointed that they took 7 years for this.

Last edited: