Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
its better than the one from the 2000's

I'm not that big of a fan of the actual game(s) but have a passing knowledge of it though.

This was basically an MCU-esque version of D&D. Lot's of one-liners and some fun moments

there's prob nods/easter eggs fans of the game would get, but as a stand alonew movie...its ok

Best character was the paladdin

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Saw the advanced screening yesterday. Movie was great definitely felt like a campaign. You don’t need to be a DnD head to enjoy it. There are plenty of nods & Easter eggs tho especially what they tied to the carton from back in the day. Tremendous job

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Saw the advanced screening yesterday. Movie was great definitely felt like a campaign. You don’t need to be a DnD head to enjoy it. There are plenty of nods & Easter eggs tho especially what they tied to the carton from back in the day. Tremendous job
what's the deal with them small ass people :russ:

they not even midgets...they just regular ass people but smaller

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I just came from an early screening of this. I liked it. I know nothing about D&D and it didn't matter. Nice little fantasy adventure. Good Action. Good characters. Good effects.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Man, the trailers have me kinda hyped for this. I'm checking it out day one.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This was overall good. Good variety of characters with their different abilities (shift shaper was the best). Chris Pine was ok. He's not somebody who is a go to actor for me except for Star Trek.

My main issues were: way too many "that's convenient" things happening in their transition in the story. 2) I expect way more from the Dragons (since it's called D & Dragons). That's my fault since I'm not familiar with the story).
3) Even though I enjoyed the film its not a must watch at the show.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This was surprisingly good...way better than it should've been. Easily better than the previous 3 movies. It wasn't as detailed as the board game, but there were things that represented a gaming counterpart.

And I loved the nod to the cartoon...one of my all-time favorite cartoons

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I enjoyed it and was funnier than I thought it was gonna be my kids loved it
Easy movie to pick up and watch