Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

Daps
For those of you that have read the entire series, in what order would you rank them?

I've only read the original two years ago and have been thinking about diving back in
God Emperor
Chapterhouse: Dune (Shout out to the homey Miles Teg, the only honorable male Atreides, in the entire line, worth a damn)
Dune
Children Of Dune
Dune Messiah/Heretics Of Dune (tie)

I have everything in print and audiobooks. Even the Brian Herbert/Kevin Anderson books.

Currently re-listening to Sandworms of Dune (Book 7, Part 1). I have another 14 hours to go.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dune is my favorite fiction book of all time.

This first one was aiiiiiight...second one looks like it's gonna be aight too.

Dune, however, should be a full length series, the same way Game of Thrones was done (I mean without the gratuitous nudity lol) and it should be done, 100% like the book because IMO, that shyt was damn near perfect.

I'm in :yeshrug:

EDIT: :russ:
I think Dune had the same problem as Watchmen.

To adapt the story into a decent film you had to cut out key portions that made the story work.

I think Dune would have made a great series or miniseries in hindsight

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
What was uneventful about the first movie?
Some of these posters just want globs of CGI crashing into each other every 3 minutes. That's not Dune.
In all honesty it's the setting. It's a boring ass setting. And I hate too much cgi, I'm not a star wars or mcu head like that. Dune is cool in some ways amd i disnt hate the first one but it has a very boring delivery.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Not gonna lie, found the first film boring. But it was obviously well made and you can tell a lot of love went into it. But thats the gambit you run when splitting a single volume into two films.

I’m going to watch this second film with an open mind though

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
ive watched this trailer 5 times already :banderas:

My boy Tim is killing it :damn:

RIP the breh that had to die at the end of the first one :mjcry: