Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
so went for the second time ...in IMAX

the visual are AMAZING

the problem with this movie is the dialogue is fukking ass - i mean i tried to just listen to the exchanges and they are HORRIBLE
why?

- they dont sound like real conversations

- there are a LOT of statements that just mimic or restate stuff that you can visually see-

- the exchanges between the empreror and irulan are teh fukking WORST - and her conversation with Reverend Mother Helena are equally as bad - Christppher Walken in a nightgown he just comes off as a old bewildered man ...not a guy torn with killing a man he considered his "brother" but also his rival and danger.

there is a sequence where teh Baron ( looking all fatherly which he would never do ) is present for a birth that makes NO SENSE that he would be present for ( especially given the reason WHY that birth took place in the first place) .....he would never look at any one "lovingly" or softly or caringly ....i dunno WTF was going on in Villnueves head....

the Rabban sequences are horrible and he turns into a Star Wars villain for the New Order..........he is losing his shyt all the time......and making him craven ....fukk

lastly the exchanges between Chani and Paul - they make no sense there are things Paul SHOULD have said to her which would seem logical given what his plan is and what his relations with her is suppsed to be - this woman is the love of his life and the only thing that is grounding him as being "human" - and her being made to do the thing thats neccessary to be the desert spring loses effect since she is compelled to do it rather than naturally doing it .......Chanis actions at the gathering make no sense - the fact that Gurney is somehow counseling her makes no sense- neither why she would pay attention to him - and they 100% should have included the polygamy of the fremen Paul having to take in Jamis's wife and children as his own since he killed Jamis .....and Chani wouldnt be freaked out by his picking Irulan .....just that he picked Irulan first ( hell have him make the speech he makes but let Chani run off into the desert because the Paul she knows is gone.

this really should have been a part two that kept to Paul fighting the harkonnens and building up his legend status to end with his becomeing the Lisan Al Gaib and changing his whole demeanor .....and the maneuverings of teh Harkonnens the Empreror and the BG hidden plans in plans.....maybe even reveal or hint why the Baron is so fat and how the rev mother could hate him yet somehow decide to work with him.

this 2nd movie was rushed pacing wise.

its still a 8 out of 10 but it could have been 10/10 with people clamoring for a number 3 ...
100 percent this felt rushed to me where dune 1 took its time

I enjoyed the 1st one way more

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After finishing Children of Dune, I feel that ending with Messiah would be the wrong choice. Messiah is like a prologue for Children of Dune and the way CoD ended would be a great way to finish the story.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
After finishing Children of Dune, I feel that ending with Messiah would be the wrong choice. Messiah is like a prologue for Children of Dune and the way CoD ended would be a great way to finish the story.
I think Denis secretly wants to do children probably wants a serious gap between them. Children could be him revisiting the IP one last time as he gets deep in his career like 10 years from now.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
So is it coming or nah? Cause I watched part 1 for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was fire.

The streets is hungry :feedme:
1AV_K8.gif

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Denis secretly wants to do children probably wants a serious gap between them. Children could be him revisiting the IP one last time as he gets deep in his career like 10 years from now.
I'm wondering if he is going to merge both stories and do a Part 1 and Part 2 again

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Just saw it on Imax.

God...damn...:wow:

This movie was incredible. Started a little slow and hokey, especially the romance, but the latter 2/3rds and especially the final act. 10/10. I already want to see it again.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
''There is no one in this room who can stand against me. Your mothers warned you about my coming. Fear the moment. But you think you could have a chance. But you are afraid, what if I could be the One? This could be the moment you've been praying for, all your life.''

''I am Paul Muad'Dib Atreides, Duke of Arrakis. The Hand of God be my witness, I am the Voice from the Outer World! I will lead you to PARADISE!

That scene, the acting, the cinematography, the music :wow:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
When the afterglow wore off, there are some problems with the film, problems bigger than the 1st movie. They get forgiven because the spectacle is just so damn good.

The shortened timeline. It's hard to believe Paul marshalled all those forces in a few months.

No Alia. I can see why, because that would require another half hour at least of exposition, and you'd need a hell of a child actor to pull her off.

No Harkonnen Thufir Hawat (I can see this being the reason the Harkonnens seem so disorganized and impulsive)

Wasting Christopher Walken

Still no spacing guild

and LMAO at this. Basically the Fremen and Paul.

Last edited:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
They had to cut out some roles for the sake of runtime. In the book there's a whole additional dangerous "villain" who doesn't even make it into the movie and puts the entire outcome in doubt. Plus the death of the Baron is way funnier in the book, but they had to cut it out cause the character who kills him was neutered in this one.

And the book hypes up the Sardukar troops much more effectively. Again, I think that's something they just had to abbreviate here due to runtime.

Otherwise, though, the way that Paul just slices through the Harkonnen-Emperor alliance is pretty much true to the story. The point is that his enemies were once the danger, but now he's the danger, much like Breaking Bad.

Wait till the 3rd movie for a far more skilled foe to emerge.

That's wild because the book is one of the quotable novels ever. But I can see how a lot of the best lines were kinda downplayed in the movie.

No more terrible disaster could befall your people than for them to fall into the hands of a Hero.

Hope clouds observation.

The people who can destroy a thing, they control it.

Gaius Helen Mohiam: The test is simple. Remove your hand from the box, and you die.

Paul Atreides: What's in the box?

Gaius Helen Mohiam: Pain.

Gaius Helen Mohiam: You've proven you can rule yourself. Now you must learn to rule others, something none of your ancestors learnt.

Paul Atreides: My father rules an entire planet.

Gaius Helen Mohiam: He's losing it.

Paul Atreides: He's getting a richer one.

Gaius Helen Mohiam: He'll lose that one too.

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

What do you despise? By this are you truly known.

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You'll find me there, staring out at you!

You've heard of animals chewing off a leg to escape a trap. There's an animal kind of trick. A human would remain in the trap, endure the pain, feigning death that he might kill the trapper and remove a threat to his kind.

Paul Atreides: [before swordsmanship practice] I guess I'm not in the mood today.

Gurney Halleck: Mood? What's mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises, no matter the mood. Now fight!

The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows—a wall against the wind. This is the willow’s purpose.

The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.

Any man who retreats into a cave which has only one opening deserves to die.

Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind.

God created Arrakis to train the faithful.

Let's fight like demons!

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
You left off "Plans within plans".

Almost got hit with an angry dap.