Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
understood ... but he can never say never... a little box office shuffling and it could happen.

on a side note.. 40 million is low
Nah it's on HBO MAX. Would have done about $75M probably. Overseas it's a hit. Early numbers on HBO MAX seem good. The interest is there.
It got more views than the Snyder cut did on HBO Max. It did very well considering most Dune fans are older and its a pandemic. Now their goal should be getting younger people interested in Dune which they've already began trying to do by adding Dune stuff to fortnite. The marketing for the film has been pretty good, especially when you compare it to how awful the marketing for BR2049 was.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It got more views than the Snyder cut did on HBO Max. It did very well considering most Dune fans are older and its a pandemic. Now their goal should be getting younger people interested in Dune which they've already began trying to do by adding Dune stuff to fortnite. The marketing for the film has been pretty good, especially when you compare it to how awful the marketing for BR2049 was.

Yeah they good money on this now.. Part 2 should be a layup. Plus.. young people are into Timothy and Zendaya

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
You can tell that Part 2 is gonna do ridiculous numbers. Perfect mix of selling OG fans on the vision, and newcomers being interested enough to dig in after getting a taste of it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
They should have made it a series if they were going to progress thee story that slow. Movie should be issued as an adhd test.

I like the visuals and seeing the new world and everything, but it really needed to pick up the pace so it could end on some kind of climax. It was like they were taking their time world building and just ran out of time.

If the movie is an ADHD test, you're suggesting that only people with ADHD can't follow. Which is fine, can't cater to everyone. :yeshrug:

The book has a ton of world-building in the first half. No way to really improve on that or leave it out. If anything I would have made the movie 20 minutes longer and added MORE world-building. They cut two scenes with Yueh, Paul, and Jessica that I really think would have set up the betrayal better, they cut a Paul/Jessica training scene that would have set up their skills as fighters better, and they needed at least one more Gurney scene to build his character.

If you've read the book you'd know there was basically nowhere else to end it. I predicted they'd end it there from the beginning because it's the most climatic shyt that happens in the first two-thirds of the book. There's potential to shove literally as much action as you want into the second half but nothing resembling a climax until the end.

The one thing I agree with you on is that I think they could have built up the ending more so it didn't feel so abrupt. I would have preferred they played out the Jamis fight longer so that the stakes feel heavier.