Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
During Denis interview with James Cameron he said it was months before that even had the storyboards ready and then when they began filming it was 109 days on set.

He said he couldn't have shot both films at once.. that was never gonna happen. it's too large in scope. Other directors have said how hard that is.

October 2023 is a pretty fast turnaround for this tbh
Fair enough

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i thought the real reason was WB said no. They wanted to se how the release went first

They wanted to see how it'd do but Denis said that he was never gonna be able to film both simultaneously. So there's not really any wasted time. The release date would be October '23 even if WB green lit it then.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They wanted to see how it'd do but Denis said that he was never gonna be able to film both simultaneously. So there's not really any wasted time. The release date would be October '23 even if WB green lit it then.

understood ... but he can never say never... a little box office shuffling and it could happen.

on a side note.. 40 million is low

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah they dropped the ball. the way they quickly announced this just further proves they were gonna do a sequel anyway
I havent seen this movie yet. But from what I've heard, he more or less broke the first book up into two parts. Which actually makes sense if you've read the book. So I don't think anyone should really be surprised that announcing the sequel was but a mere formality considering it was always on the horizon :yeshrug:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
One thing about this Dune

I finally understood what the fukc was going on. I have been around Dune for a long time but I never really knew what they were doing. Blah blah sandworm. Blah blah fat dude floating in the air. Blah blah prophecy.

But this movie was easy to follow. I think that's an accomplishment.

The way it just ends is a little offputting. But once part 2 comes about that will be a moot point

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Wish they would had just filmed the two at the same time tbh, I saw the movie last saturday and already forgot all the weird houses names :yeshrug:
They should have made it a series if they were going to progress thee story that slow. Movie should be issued as an adhd test.

I like the visuals and seeing the new world and everything, but it really needed to pick up the pace so it could end on some kind of climax. It was like they were taking their time world building and just ran out of time.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
One thing about this Dune

I finally understood what the fukc was going on. I have been around Dune for a long time but I never really knew what they were doing. Blah blah sandworm. Blah blah fat dude floating in the air. Blah blah prophecy.

But this movie was easy to follow. I think that's an accomplishment.

The way it just ends is a little offputting. But once part 2 comes about that will be a moot point

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dune is a story that's VERY heavy on exposition, and I've read the book twice and seen all the other films numerous times, and I will say this is by far the clearest the story has ever been.

Even my girl who is completely new to Dune was able to follow. That is saying a lot.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Campea says don't believe the hype. In order to get the second part out so soon they had to have already started preliminary work on it.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Campea says don't believe the hype. In order to get the second part out so soon they had to have already started preliminary work on it.

I agree. They didn’t just slop together the decision to make another one and expend hundreds of millions after less than a week. Them even naming it part one let you knew they planned on making another one so they could have saved us the time and shot them together.

i give it a 8/10 but am just slightly disappointed because I feel like it could have been a 10/10 game changer if handled differently