Dumbass Sony’s PS5 Update fukked Up My Expansion SSD

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That’s not a “cheap ass drive with lots of complaints”
OP himself said he bought the shyt because it was the cheapest option available. And anyone can look up reviews of that brand and see it's not the highest quality.

You on your super stan shyt today so this is my last reply.

:camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
OP himself said he bought the shyt because it was the cheapest option available. And anyone can look up reviews of that brand and see it's not the highest quality.

You on your super stan shyt today so this is my last reply.

:camby:
Just because it’s the “cheapest” in price doesn’t mean it’s a bad product.

I posted reviews in here. Any reasonable research about the drive says it’s good.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Why don't you reboot yours and report back what you find?
confused-kid.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
as far as i know this was the first.

Then what’s the point of an “open” system if you should only use the official drives endorsed by sony??
All aftermarket products (regardless of the product...cars...phones...etc.) come with a "use at your own risk" statement from the original manufacturer.
You know that.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ending up on a "repair drive" screen is more often times than not related to abrupt power loss.
Replacing an expansion internal or external is a small concession (relatively) to having to replace an entire console.
You're not necessarily wrong for being pissed though.
I'm here for the jokes.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All aftermarket products (regardless of the product...cars...phones...etc.) come with a "use at your own risk" statement from the original manufacturer.
You know that.
Yes, but the original conversation was comparing the proprietary solution on xbox.

The same guys in here attacking dude for buying a “cheap” drive said the number one advantage of having the aftermarket solution was that people could buy “cheap” drives for it.

Now they are in here telling OP he was wrong and he should only have purchased the expensive drive endorsed by sony.

:wow:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yes, but the original conversation was comparing the proprietary solution on xbox.

The same guys in here attacking dude for buying a “cheap” drive said the number one advantage of having the aftermarket solution was that people could buy “cheap” drives for it.

Now they are in here telling OP he was wrong and he should only have purchased the expensive drive endorsed by sony.

:wow:
I mean...I don't know what anyone else is saying..
For me...it's pretty clear in the expandable storage department Sony's solution is a W over Xbox.
It IS cheaper to upgrade the storage and going with the officially supported stuff is easy now. Sucks for OP.
With 3 PS5's in the house, each of them with countless hours on them they each have their own Samsung SSD and haven't had a single problem.
The real joke to me continues to be how Sony Stans claimed the internal SSD was Elder Elf mythical magic beyond this galaxy and he we are playing these games with off the shelves SSDs with no problems at all.
I remember Sony Stans told me the tempest super 3d audio was also going to be used to help with object rendering and improve overall presentation.
There's a bunch of Sony PR nonsense that is straight laughable today and I never bought into

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean...I don't know what anyone else is saying..
For me...it's pretty clear in the expandable storage department Sony's solution is a W over Xbox.
It IS cheaper to upgrade the storage and going with the officially supported stuff is easy now. Sucks for OP.
With 3 PS5's in the house, each of them with countless hours on them they each have their own Samsung SSD and haven't had a single problem.
The real joke to me continues to be how Sony Stans claimed the internal SSD was Elder Elf mythical magic beyond this galaxy and he we are playing these games with off the shelves SSDs with no problems at all.
I remember Sony Stans told me the tempest super 3d audio was also going to be used to help with object rendering and improve overall presentation.
There's a bunch of Sony PR nonsense that is straight laughable today and I never bought into
I get that there are advantages to sony solution mainly price.

It’s just hypocritical to talk about how price is the advantage then also say you gotta buy the most expensive compatible drives anyway.

And also as of now, Xbox had a western digital ssd drive that’s pretty comparable in price to the endorsed drive from sony. So the price advantage isn’t really there anymore.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I never shutdown when anything dealing with a disk repair is going on. I just take the L and wait it out cause cutting the power during that process is just asking for more problems. The tinkerer in me would cop an enclosure and see if the drive is truly bricked or not.

As for ADATA, they are a known brand but I don’t know if they’re as reputable as some of the more popular brands. I had a few thumb drives from them fail on me the same way. They were just sitting around in a drawer for a long time unused and when I went to use them for something like an OS install 1 of 3 worked.

Hope your next drive works out for you fam. The silver lining is reputable drives are much cheaper now compared to when some of us bought them a few years ago :scusthov: Just looked at an invoice for my Samsung M.2 and want to throw my phone across the room :pachaha:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I get that there are advantages to sony solution mainly price.

It’s just hypocritical to talk about how price is the advantage then also say you gotta buy the most expensive compatible drives anyway.

And also as of now, Xbox had a western digital ssd drive that’s pretty comparable in price to the endorsed drive from sony. So the price advantage isn’t really there anymore.
Post the "comparable in price" drives you speak of, you lyin ass Xbot

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Damn, that sucks OP

but what do y'all other nikkas want us to do about it? Hold a eulogy?

I bought a 1TB SSD a few months ago. It was a Western Digital. IDK what happened with ur ADATA OP, but that doesnt sound normal. might be a bad SSD or might be bad luck. Either way, i hope u can replace it

PS - this thread is hilarious. nikkas throwing haymakers left and right over a bad SSD :laff: