Duke vs. UNC thread

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve come to terms with the poor defense on this team so I focus on the offense. Kenny Williams had a great game but I don’t see that happening again.

If Kenny was out there doing amazing things and hitting unbelievable shots, then I'd say ok. But he was shooting wide open shots. Any good shooter who get the looks he was getting last night will have himself a game. The more telling stat in the game was UNC 2 turnovers. That shows that Dook wasn't making UNC work for anything last night. Not a lot of tough passes, no forced passes, no rushed passes, no forced double team splitting turnovers, etc. It was an open gym run for both teams in the first half. In the second half, UNC made an effort on defense and Dook didn't. Cam dove on the floor twice when the ball was at Duval feet and he didn't even bend over at the waist. Like I said, K out here getting his Cal on and fielding these "get bucket all stars" who don't wanna do much grunt work. No way in the world Luke should be playing Bagley to a standstill offensively. K went with 3 bigs at one time and didn't even get a post touch. Trent and Carter have fallen in love with their jumper too much. And Bagley is starting to look tired out there. And that's K fault. No way this generational talent should have to work so hard for each basket. Only time they played to their strength was when Bolden was in the game and they went to work in the paint. So in short, you may be focused on offense but as a Dook fan, you should be hoping they right the ship defensively cause come March, the most loaded class in Dook history will be at home the first weekend again.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
If Kenny was out there doing amazing things and hitting unbelievable shots, then I'd say ok. But he was shooting wide open shots. Any good shooter who get the looks he was getting last night will have himself a game. The more telling stat in the game was UNC 2 turnovers. That shows that Dook wasn't making UNC work for anything last night. Not a lot of tough passes, no forced passes, no rushed passes, no forced double team splitting turnovers, etc. It was an open gym run for both teams in the first half. In the second half, UNC made an effort on defense and Dook didn't. Cam dove on the floor twice when the ball was at Duval feet and he didn't even bend over at the waist. Like I said, K out here getting his Cal on and fielding these "get bucket all stars" who don't wanna do much grunt work. No way in the world Luke should be playing Bagley to a standstill offensively. K went with 3 bigs at one time and didn't even get a post touch. Trent and Carter have fallen in love with their jumper too much. And Bagley is starting to look tired out there. And that's K fault. No way this generational talent should have to work so hard for each basket. Only time they played to their strength was when Bolden was in the game and they went to work in the paint. So in short, you may be focused on offense but as a Dook fan, you should be hoping they right the ship defensively cause come March, the most loaded class in Dook history will be at home the first weekend again.

I think going home on the first weekend is a reach for one of the most loaded K squads I’ve seen. .. but a sweet 16 exit is highly plausible if the ship isn’t righted.

K will get another “easy” bracket too... but even that won’t be able to save him if he doesn’t fix this.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I think going home on the first weekend is a reach for one of the most loaded K squads I’ve seen. .. but a sweet 16 exit is highly plausible if the ship isn’t righted.

K will get another “easy” bracket too... but even that won’t be able to save him if he doesn’t fix this.
Nah breh im losing hope in that. We not gonna outscore everyone in the tournament. The same blueprint beats Duke every year. Get a guard to slash and we fold! States guard St. John’s guard Boston College guard. Last year vs SC in the tourney that was straight guard play. They can’t stop anyone man and K doesn’t know how to fix it

We haven’t had high quality guard play since Cook/Tyus

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tatum, Kennard, Grayson, Frank, Giles, Jeter, Bolden, and Matt didnt see the Garden last year. This team is a much worse defending team than last year's and only one player is reliable from 3. This team has major flaws.

Tobias

i'm afraid i just blue myself
Daps
Reppin
UNC, NYG, MCFC, Charlotte Hornets, Atlanta Braves
the problem with recent duke teams is not having a senior glue guy. allen is too much of a lunatic and hit or miss to be a leader

that 2015 team doesnt win the title without quin cook. you put a quin cook on this team and i would be scared of them. but this current duke team is just a bunch of high school all stars that have no interest in playing together or doing anything other than getting to the nba.

the one and done model isn't sustainable way to run a program and the last couple years are exposing the flaws in it. college basketball is built around upperclassmen guard play and duke has gotten away from that big time

k sold out for that life and he sounds tired and old and over it in press conferences. i guarantee he doesnt enjoy practices nearly as much because he isnt developing players or teaching at this point in his career. once that passion for practice and teaching is gone, the end is soon to follow

Tobias

Daps
Reppin
Tatum, Kennard, Grayson, Frank, Giles, Jeter, Bolden, and Matt didnt see the Garden last year. This team is a much worse defending team than last year's and only one player is reliable from 3. This team has major flaws.

last year's duke team would crush this one imo

they don't have anyone that terrifies me quite like luke kennard did. he was an assassin. bagley is a beast but he doesnt scare me as much as tatum did.

still won't rest easy until theyre knocked out of the tourney but they are a massively flawed team. and they will be again next year with that many egos/wings wanting the ball

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the problem with recent duke teams is not having a senior glue guy. allen is too much of a lunatic and hit or miss to be a leader

that 2015 team doesnt win the title without quin cook. you put a quin cook on this team and i would be scared of them. but this current duke team is just a bunch of high school all stars that have no interest in playing together or doing anything other than getting to the nba.

the one and done model isn't sustainable way to run a program and the last couple years are exposing the flaws in it. college basketball is built around upperclassmen guard play and duke has gotten away from that big time

k sold out for that life and he sounds tired and old and over it in press conferences. i guarantee he doesnt enjoy practices nearly as much because he isnt developing players or teaching at this point in his career. once that passion for practice and teaching is gone, the end is soon to follow

This.

Loading up on a bunch of NBA talent that's making a pit stop on campus for 6 months looks good, but it doesn't necessarily translate to wins on the collegiate level. But hey, Dook and UK seem to be more interested in winning the off-season lately moreso than in March. This stretch of 3 games in 5 days is huge for UNC, but if the effort in this game is a barometer of where they are as a team coming down the stretch, I can see another run on the horizon.

Tobias

Daps
Reppin
This.

Loading up on a bunch of NBA talent that's making a pit stop on campus for 6 months looks good, but it doesn't necessarily translate to wins on the collegiate level. But hey, Dook and UK seem to be more interested in winning the off-season lately moreso than in March. This stretch of 3 games in 5 days is huge for UNC, but if the effort in this game is a barometer of where they are as a team coming down the stretch, I can see another run on the horizon.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
You heard the old head Joel Berry put the battery in N.C. State’s back saying the game wasn’t a rivalry?
Nah:heh: but he’s basically right. Haven’t they beaten them like 23/25 times or some shyt? State hasn’t been really competitive with unc since fire and ice, gugliotta and em.