Duke vs. UNC thread

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Duval gettin' cooked on Twitter for immediately Retweeting his dunk after the game :mjlol:

yea was just reading on this and how he was the only one in the locker room seemingly not caring about the loss. and it wasn't even after they left, the timing suggests that he retweeted it while they were still in the locker room. coach K needs to send a message ASAP and bench him on Sunday against GT.

bdkane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
College Park by way of East Bmore
giphy.gif
Should have been the original dead smilie. Roy has his share also.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehhh I dunno y’all played about as well as y’all could have played and won by 4 I don’t see it happening in Durham

Hahaha.....there was a point in the game where Dook made 12 straight shots and UNC had a stretch where they didnt make a fg in 5 or so mins....and still won by 4. This isnt an anomaly. Dook defense is porus. If you give UNC WIIIIDDDDEEEE open shots, expect to lose. We actually could've played a whole lot better. Joel shot 7-20
and the only thing UNC got outta their bigs was 4 free throws. Shet up. And fukk Dook.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Ehhh I dunno y’all played about as well as y’all could have played and won by 4 I don’t see it happening in Durham

In terms of taking care of the ball and defensively, I agree. But we also went 2-18 in the last 8 minutes of the game. Duke was lucky to get it to as close as 3 points and only lose by 4(meaningless 3 at the end of the game helped too). Probably should’ve won this game by 10 or more.

But I don’t see a sweep either. Gonna be really hard for us to walk out of that shythole “stadium” with a win.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
Hahaha.....there was a point in the game where Dook made 12 straight shots and UNC had a stretch where they didnt make a fg in 5 or so mins....and still won by 4. This isnt an anomaly. Dook defense is porus. If you give UNC WIIIIDDDDEEEE open shots, expect to lose. We actually could've played a whole lot better. Joel shot 7-20
and the only thing UNC got outta their bigs was 4 free throws. Shet up. And fukk Dook.
I’ve come to terms with the poor defense on this team so I focus on the offense. Kenny Williams had a great game but I don’t see that happening again.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
In terms of taking care of the ball and defensively, I agree. But we also went 2-18 in the last 8 minutes of the game. Duke was lucky to get it to as close as 3 points and only lose by 4(meaningless 3 at the end of the game helped too). Probably should’ve won this game by 10 or more.

But I don’t see a sweep either. Gonna be really hard for us to walk out of that shythole “stadium” with a win.
That’s the nature of our games honestly. 10 point wins rarely happen. I hope our freshman learned from this and see it’s not like any other game on the schedule. They looked shook for 70% of the second half. A little home cooking makes up that 4 points we lost by.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
It has been continuously diminishing in hype and interest over the years outside of N.C. I’ll give you that.

That has more to do with college basketball losing popularity than it does anything else. The last three title games have featured one of these teams, so it’s certainly not because of the quality of UNC or duke. College basketball just isn’t as big as it used to be so naturally the rivalry isn’t as big outside of NC.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
That has more to do with college basketball losing popularity than it does anything else. The last three title games have featured one of these teams, so it’s certainly not because of the quality of UNC or duke. College basketball just isn’t as big as it used to be so naturally the rivalry isn’t as big outside of NC.

I hear you.

And yes the quality of play between the two has been above average and pretty consistent with no drop off. That’s true.