Dujuan Wagner’s Son is the #1 HS Player in the Nation

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Well thats the pro/con of it. Good thing is he's got options in life and can just enjoy it. Its just when Bron was saying "I want to play with my son in the NBA" etc...all that pressure means he needs to have the hunger Bron had.

That’s why I hate it for him that he gave him his way. It put expectations and pressure on him that will be hard to live up to even if he were to reach his full potential. It’s not helping that ESPN is choosing to televise his games and putting even more pressure on him.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
But that hasn’t stopped ESPN and his father from playing high expectations on him, so it’s fair game to talk about whether he has the talent to match it.

I don’t like the concept of basketball player rankings for high school kids that aren’t juniors or seniors, but it’s content generator and money involved so it’s fair game.
LeBron has come out saying he regrets making his son after him due to the shadow it casts. He wants his son to succeed like any father but when has he actually set high expectations?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don’t like the concept of basketball player rankings for high school kids that aren’t juniors or seniors
I coached a wing who had been ranked top-100 in California since 6th grade.

Ranking fukking 6th graders.

It REALLY fukked him up. He thought he was hot shyt and we were rolling out a running, pressing team that had to do a ton of conditioning. He didn't want to run like the other guys, didn't want to train hard. It got to the point we had to suspend him from the team. He had sick skills, but he wasn't so dominant that we were gonna sit there and let him take the whole team down by not respecting the coaches or the training necessary for us to win.

He eventually apologized and started doing the shyt he had to do. But to end a long story, poor kid stopped growing in 8th grade. By his senior year he was an undersized pg trying to make due with a high motor and court vision, all the brilliant midrange game and footwork he had shown as a kid was almost useless. He went to JC and didn't get any burn at all. Shows how much 6th-grade rankings matter.

(p.s. - reminds me of a different kid I coached, he was a nobody before high school. Literally no one knew who he was, had made zero splash. But in 9th grade he starts developing his body, has a fantastic work ethic, and just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Gets signed to one of the top D1 programs, eventually becomes team captain and a four-year guy, the kind of player everyone knows their name even if he only has borderline pro potential, someone takes a shot at him near the end of the draft and he managed to carve out a little career for 4-5 years. And the kid is STILL humble and works hard to this day.)

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
LeBron has come out saying he regrets making his son after him due to the shadow it casts. He wants his son to succeed like any father but when has he actually set high expectations?

As @Dr. Narcisse mentioned, Lebron mentioning that he wants to play with his son in the NBA is putting high expectations on Bronny that he has to be good enough to make it to the league. He have different dreams and aspirations, but may feel like he has to stick to basketball.

Putting him on that Sierra Canyon team of high school talent doesn’t help as well and only put more eyes and attention in him.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I coached a wing who had been ranked top-100 in California since 6th grade.

Ranking fukking 6th graders.

It REALLY fukked him up. He thought he was hot shyt and we were rolling out a running, pressing team that had to do a ton of conditioning. He didn't want to run like the other guys, didn't want to train hard. It got to the point we had to suspend him from the team. He had sick skills, but he wasn't so dominant that we were gonna sit there and let him take the whole team down but not respecting the coaches or the training necessary for us to win.

He eventually apologized and started doing the shyt he had to do. But to end a long story, poor kid stopped growing in 8th grade. By his senior year he was an undersized pg trying to make due with a high motor and court vision, all the brilliant midrange game and footwork he had shown as a kid was almost useless. He went to JC and didn't get any burn at all. Shows how much 6th-grade rankings matter.

(p.s. - reminds me of a different kid I coached, he was a nobody before high school. Literally no one knew who he was, had made zero splash. But in 9th grade he starts developing his body, has a fantastic work ethic, and just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Gets signed to one of the top D1 programs, eventually becomes team captain and a four-year guy, the kind of player everyone knows their name even if he only has borderline pro potential, someone takes a shot at him near the end of the draft and he managed to carve out a little career for 4-5 years. And the kid is STILL humble and works hard to this day.)

Have they always ranked players that early or was it something they started doing recently with the rise of social media and content generators?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Have they always ranked players that early or was it something they started doing recently with the rise of social media and content generators?
I don't know about "always", but this was way back, early 2000s, definitely pre-social media.

It was driven by the AAU system and all these basketball nut "journalists" trying to make a name for themselves driving around to all the kids' games and writing about the talent. In order to stand out some of them just started aiming younger and younger.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't know about "always", but this was way back, early 2000s, definitely pre-social media.

It was driven by the AAU system and all these basketball nut "journalists" trying to make a name for themselves driving around to all the kids' games and writing about the talent. In order to stand out some of them just started aiming younger and younger.

I know some places don’t officially give a rating to players that aren’t a junior or senior, but if you’re ranking them by talent and potential then it’s still technically the same.

ESPN realized that player/team rankings especially the NBA, is a content and talking machine draw so they are going full speed ahead with it.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Thats where Sebastian Telfair's hype came from. He was known for killing people in middle school. Use to see several sites with him and others ranked as the top player. Few years into HS then guys like Dwight were getting ranked higher.

The growth spurt really matters for a lot of this stuff.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That’s why I hate it for him that he gave him his way. It put expectations and pressure on him that will be hard to live up to even if he were to reach his full potential. It’s not helping that ESPN is choosing to televise his games and putting even more pressure on him.
When Bron's son becomes eligible, he will get every opportunity to join a team. If he has talent to be a marginal NBA player , a team will give him a roster spot. Even if it's just for box office.

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
I'm guessing ESPN doesn't rank international prospects because I don't see Elijah Fisher on the list

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I understand it but lol @ including the 24th ranked player in the graphic
main event status players >>> "Tyler Smith or "Ron Holland"

as long as bronny doesnt become isaiah washington or some shyt he should keep having his platform used by companies. it be bad business otherwise

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
@Illeye buckmatic The greatest duo that never was :mjcry::sadcam:
44jz4e.gif

dwag_3.jpg
lebron-james-dajuan-wagner.jpg
:wow:

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Jr is not the raw athlete his pops was but he has the skill and scoring mentality. I was watching one of his youtube vids dude gets right into it no bs straight to the point. No useless movements or hesis daquan trained him well he will be a lotto pick for sure. Kid understands how to use his momentum a tell tale sign for elite basketball players.