Dujuan Wagner’s Son is the #1 HS Player in the Nation

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I’m definitely out the loop bc I see NOTHING from his game. To be a guard 6’3 n under that ends up elite in the league, you supposed to absolutely dominate on HS, jump off the screen. Not just be ‘smooth’. Kyrie, derick rose, John wall, even Colin sexton.

Wagner looks ‘pro ready’ in the same vein as Austin rivers or OJ Mayo, dudes who were just ahead of the curve for their age but not actually elite at anything and became regular in the league

Yea so I’ve mentioned I don’t see anything special, here’s something more specific: DJ’s game doesn’t look like what other modern elite guards’ game looks like. Everybody nowadays does the same step backs and dribble drivee and hesi’s etc, DJ does none of that. He’s a slasher. I’m weary of a slasher in HS bc that’s not really a skill. Especially in todays game. Then he has an odd release on his shot.

Imo Wagner is the prototype of a kid who’s just stronger and more advanced than their peers in HS but don’t become stars. Ie Jaylen Hands, Trevon Duval, OJ Mayo, Austin rivers.

The best NBA PG out of all these dudes may not be there….Rob dillihgam has more juice than any of those guards

-Wagner is MID!!!! Been sayin this for 3 years

oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Which players do you like at the top of the draft?

I’m not familiar with the Europeans, but generally speaking I’d go with a highly ranked euro player over most of the Americans. This class of HS guys is not that good so might as well go euro

But of the Americans my stance has mainly been the same from seeing them in the McDonald’s game:

Top 5 talent:

Cody Williams > Jaylen brown
Ron holland > Scottie Barnes
Dillingham > Maxey

Top 10 talent:

Stephon Castle > idk his comp but hes good. Big sleeper imo

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I’m not familiar with the Europeans, but generally speaking I’d go with a highly ranked euro player over most of the Americans. This class of HS guys is not that good so might as well go euro

But of the Americans my stance has mainly been the same from seeing them in the McDonald’s game:

Top 5 talent:

Dillingham > Maxey

Top 10 talent:

You really think they are that good? Like Jaylen, Scottie Barnes level?

For the wizards I'm thinking we go with Rishacher

Puts in a ton of work. MPJ comps but he can play on ball too imo. Then same agent as Deni and Frenchman like Bilal so he makes some sense. Stephon castle I keep hearing Jimmy butler comps but watching some high school tape where he was playing against Ron Holland and squad.. I wonder if he can play the SGA, Murray role. He was beating that team by himself till he fouled out. And now he's a dog defensively apparently.

My sleeper for later is Hansen Yang. Jokic/ Sengun vibes. Some passes he makes are just :wow:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
You really think they are that good? Like Jaylen, Scottie Barnes level?
Cody Williams is more a projection based on length, tools, etc. But what puts him over the edge for me is 1- Genes., 2- He’s alredy shooting 47% from 3. So a very high floor …maybe not as high a ceiling

As far as Ron holland absolutely. I remember Scottie Barnes was talked about the same way: like he was already positionless, jack of all trades. But he had a motor and coachability on top of athleticism. That’s how I saw Ron holland after the McDonald’s game. Like a 3& D, elite role player type. Like I mentioned Dennis Rodman with him lol he was that high energy, defensive minded

But then I saw a clip of him a few months later doing step backs and being a straight scorer

Like he wasn’t doin none of that before so it shows me he’s a quick learner. So scoring on top of all the fundamentals and dirty work mentality and vision? Now you’re talking about a jimmy butler, kawhi, Paul George type. He’s the prototype modern elite wing

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Top 5 talent:

Dillingham > Maxey

Top 10 talent:

Which guy you think has any superstar talent if everything goes right? Or do you think nobody has that type of potential in this class?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Which guy you think has any superstar talent if everything goes right? Or do you think nobody has that type of potential in this class?
Dillingham and holland

With Dillingham, considering how cookie cutter even the best guards are nowadays, he could be special. He’s the 1 guard in recent years who’s game I can look at and say ok he wasn’t built in a lab he’s not just doing the same moves any guy with a trainer can do.
To me that’s what superstars have in common.

Steph, Kyrie, Bron, KD, Luka, Embiid. They all have unique backgrounds and unique games

Then you factor in he’s got some height, and that despite how ‘reckless’ his game seemed in HS, he’s been efficient as hell.

The only concern for him would be can he play PG in the league or is he like a Colin sexton type

Well sexton at Bama: 3.6 apg in 29mpg, 2.3 TO
Maxey at UK: 3.2 apg in 34mpg, 2.2 TO

Dillingham: 3.8apg in 23mpg…1.9 TO

He will play the 1 he is legit

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Top 5 talent:

Dillingham > Maxey

Top 10 talent:

best comp I've seen for Castle is Jimmy Butler, I think Castle has better vision/passing tho

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Not to pile on the kid but this play is a good example of what I saw, and didn’t see, with Wagner in HS

I noted last year that he’s a ‘slasher’ and players hyped up based on that are misleading, bc that’s never a reliable thing. In HS DJ blows by this guy. In college tho he can’t get past 1 on 1 defense and passes it up

Meanwhile Reed shepherd immediately creates space on TWO defenders —-partially bc he’s a shooter and force them to freeze on the slight hesitation

Also peep how both Reed and rob are calling for the rock which lets you know there’s some unspoken pecking order and not from coaches. Hoopers will naturally regulate each other. Nobody is clapping for the ball when Steph curry has it. So they don’t dislike their teammate and they’re not selfish, they just naturally know who the IT guys are

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the love between Calipari and the Wagners is too deep because Calipari is committing self-sabotage