Dujuan Wagner’s Son is the #1 HS Player in the Nation

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
As someone who grew up watching his father. Its crazy how I KNOW he's going to be a much better pro. Yet, my eye test tells me his father was much better in HS (and that's no diss to JR)

I get what you saying..I wonder if he would go straight to the league if they changed that draft rule

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I’m definitely out the loop bc I see NOTHING from his game. To be a guard 6’3 n under that ends up elite in the league, you supposed to absolutely dominate on HS, jump off the screen. Not just be ‘smooth’. Kyrie, derick rose, John wall, even Colin sexton.

Wagner looks ‘pro ready’ in the same vein as Austin rivers or OJ Mayo, dudes who were just ahead of the curve for their age but not actually elite at anything and became regular in the league

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'm not seeing it...

I’m definitely out the loop bc I see NOTHING from his game. To be a guard 6’3 n under that ends up elite in the league, you supposed to absolutely dominate on HS, jump off the screen. Not just be ‘smooth’. Kyrie, derick rose, John wall, even Colin sexton.

Wagner looks ‘pro ready’ in the same vein as Austin rivers or OJ Mayo, dudes who were just ahead of the curve for their age but not actually elite at anything and became regular in the league
Nah it doesnt jump off screen. However, I still get the feeling he has the potential to be a Dame type of a player.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This Dujuan Wagner and Ron Holland are holding up well in FIBA competition and I think that's been a real good indicator lately that they may be good players at the professional level.

If Team USA and Spain both win their next FIBA games, they meet in the Finals. Spain been beating some really notable teams (Canada, Serbia, Australia).

Aday Mara, probably going to 3 in that draft and went off on them last game:

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
As someone who grew up watching his father. Its crazy how I KNOW he's going to be a much better pro. Yet, my eye test tells me his father was much better in HS (and that's no diss to JR)

Yea so I’ve mentioned I don’t see anything special, here’s something more specific: DJ’s game doesn’t look like what other modern elite guards’ game looks like. Everybody nowadays does the same step backs and dribble drivee and hesi’s etc, DJ does none of that. He’s a slasher. I’m weary of a slasher in HS bc that’s not really a skill. Especially in todays game. Then he has a odd release on his shot.

To me his comp is Colin sexton with better PG skills (but less explosion). If I had to go best case I’d say a Jrue holiday type career. He’s not athletic enough to be a rose/Westbrook, and not a fluid enough shooter to be a dame, or even Darius garland

Also a red flag I’ve waved so many times: teams love a ‘big point guard’. Well I just looked it up and apparently he’s 6’5!? So scratch all the PG comps. That would explain why he doesn’t look as ‘natural’ handling the rock. The red flag here is you’re slower than your counterparts. If just being big is your calling card, what happens when you move to the 2? Does Wagner look like ans nva 2? Not to me. A lot of big point guard’ prospects flame out when at the 2: killian Hayes, Emanuel mudiaye, Tyrese Evans, Harrison twins. You gotta be unique to be a tall pg (lamelo).

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Hoping breh shot is off from fatigue. Cause he really struggled this week.

He's gotta shoot well for a guy not overly athletic or vertical.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
Kid reminds me of Cole Anthony/Isiah Briscoe.... nothing special fr. Certainly not number 1 player in the country special