Ducktales: Remastered (PC, 360, Wii U, PS3, Android, iOS) Update: We back

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Of shyt can we a get a Goof Troop Remake? I bought that game twice on SNES.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
I thought he was considering doing one since Sega won't even bother. The problem is the amount of money he would need for it.
Money wouldn't be an issue...the Kickstarter would have the money within a week.

It's just that his original comments about using crowdfunding were mistranslated, so it seemed like he was actively pursuing it, when that sadly was not the case :sadbron:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When did Ducktales video game get so popular? I remember renting it as a kid and not liking it.

Daps
Money wouldn't be an issue...the Kickstarter would have the money within a week.

It's just that his original comments about using crowdfunding were mistranslated, so it seemed like he was actively pursuing it, when that sadly was not the case :sadbron:

A new Shenmue would cost tens of millions. There's no way Kickstarter at this point can raise that much money.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
If we could get Shenmue 3 and a Panzer Dragoon Saga HD remake :blessed:

Any chance of a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake is truly in the bushes :sadbron:
Already in the works bruh. Crimson Dragon is Panzer Dragoon for Kinect
Same team/etc. Supposed to be pretty good. But was pulled for unknown reasons
I think they decided to wait to make it a games of summer title because it is so good :manny:

As for Shenmue 3, I posted a story on it. Let me find...
http://www.the-coli.com/arcadium/97018-cockmeat-videogame-news-3-13-13-a.html
You're right.

I forgot how much the first two games cost to make, too :silvugh:

Not right, because insignificant ideas like "Ouya" the android console raised 2mil in days.
I'm sure something like Shenmue would get as much as needed by the fans around the world. You can't compare what Shenmue would get to some bullshyt that is usually offered.
As for how much they would need to raise? Much less than you think...
Shenmue III is a cancelled (or rather, it has been in a long-term 'pending' state) continuation of the Shenmue saga starting at Chapter 7 and continuing to an unknown later chapter of the 16 chapter saga. Shenmue III was originally planned to be developed for the Dreamcast but due to the dwindling sales of the console and its games and the huge losses Sega incurred between 1998 and 2001 (at 2001 losses hit an all-time low of approximately 51,750,000,000 Yen) it did not seem financially viable for Sega to develop a sequel to a game that cost $70,000,000 for a console that was no longer profitable. However, of the $70,000,000 budget the developer had spent the budget on all the research and resources necessary to create all the further installments of the Shenmue saga, in fact the Shenmue story was already finished and planned out, the research for all further titles is complete, all the character design is complete and there are still many hundreds of gigabytes of uncompressed textures ready to be ported for development on any console the developer would be creating Shenmue III for.

Over the years since Shenmue II it has been stated that development on Shenmue III has begun or was to begin multiple times and Sega have given fans reason to believe a sequel may still happen, they have revamped the shenmue.com website, talked about Shenmue III and posibilities for the future of the series during development for the now cancelled Shenmue Online and have included the series main character Ryo in the 2009 game Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.

As of 2010 representatives of Sega have stated that though there is clearly a fan-demand for Shenmue III they don't have any plans for Shenmue at this time. On the 3rd March 2013, Yu Suzuki said at a Monaco game show, that he wants to crowdfund a new Shenmue 3 game.
The Kickstarter wasn't a mistranslation. Companies back off there comments all the time. Last thing Yu Suzuki would want is to be hounded with Shenmue 3 questions everytime he walks outside. He wouldn't say shyt til they was closer to showing off something. It'll be here soon enough IMO

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
they need to do that talespin game for sega genesis i had good times with that piff

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
keeping.jpg

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
Already in the works bruh. Crimson Dragon is Panzer Dragoon for Kinect
Same team/etc. Supposed to be pretty good. But was pulled for unknown reasons
I think they decided to wait to make it a games of summer title because it is so good :manny:

Panzer Dragoon Saga was an RPG, not a rail shooter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Dragoon_Saga

A port/remake is unlikely due to the original source code being lost

Last edited by a moderator: