Drive was a forgettable movie......

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I enjoyed it, but it was extremely overrated. One of the most overrated movies of last year. Some clowns expected Gosling and Mulligan to get nominated too. Ides of March was way better and better scripted.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I agree that it was overrated as well. It's not necesarrily Oscar worthy, and probably gets too much credit for its style and soundtrack.. both of which are great but not enough to make it a classic film or an academy snub.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watched the movie for damn near an hour and the main character hardly spoke :why:

Fell asleep to that bologna

250px-Eastwood_Good_Bad_and_the_Ugly.png

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My girl wanted to go and see the movie when it first came out. I really didn't want to see it because I didn't know what it was about. From the opening track, I was hooked to the movie. Something about it just grabs you.

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
The sequel was just published and they're making the movie too. :popcorn:

It’s official. James Sallis‘ sequel to Drive has been published. Driven is now out in bookstores, and another film is “in the pipeline.” The question remains: Will Ryan Gosling play the mysterious and silent stunt driver?

It hasn’t been determined if Gosling will reprise his role as the professional driver, but Sallis has said that “they love the book.” We’re not sure who ‘they’ may be, but if it’s anything like the previous film, moviegoers are in for a treat–a violent, suspenseful, gripping, treat.

Nicholas Winding Ref‘s film rendition of the book, walked the fine line between artistic and commercial, resulting in its critical and aesthetic success. It also helps that they have Gosling wearing the scorpion jacket and the killer boots. The man can do no wrong.

Sallis spoke recently about Driven and the character development of the nameless driver: “He is trying to suppress the violence – but the sequel shows the process of him accepting that this is who he is. He tries to become a normal person and re-invents himself. After his fiancée is killed, the violence is unleashed again.”

The story follows the driver seven years after the first novel, and we have a feeling that there will be more monosyllabic, grisly encounters between the driver and anyone who is unfortunate enough to cross his path.

We wonder, If not Gosling, who will take the driver’s seat?

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think the movie was good, woulda been better with some more dialog...or better editing. I coulda easily shave 45 mins off that shyt and u wouldnt miss a thing. Soundtrack was pretty dope 2.