Drew Pearson raw video of finding out he was not inducted into the Hall of Fame

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You were considered a great player at your position for your entire career. You got the recognition when you were doing it. Now its 40+ years later and you still got all your hopes riding on what some panel declares about your worth? Breh really got to move on with his life. 2/3rds of his life has been lived AFTER he retired from football.

I mean, he was a champ, he was Pro Bowl three times, he's in the Tulsa HOF and the Cowboys Ring of Honor, he gets named to some new list or gets some new award every few years....stop worrying about what people think about what you did more than half your life ago.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
And Drew Pearson was married to a Black Woman. His Black Wife died some years back.

This is all of his grandsons.

He's not even married to that White Woman.

So, his ownership of the Dallas Cowboys will go to his Black Children and Grand Children. :wow:

EOVLuEdWkAAJUOr
I believe some are detracting from him because some believe he's married to a WW. And has white friends

nikkas r corny:mjlol:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Oscar’s, Grammy’s, Hall of Fame.

Ain’t nothing like that praise from the white man and his fake measurements of success and accomplishment.

:wow:

:dahell:

The Hall of Fame is different tho. Sports for the most part are a meritocracy... with hard numbers to back arguments. Music and film are completely subjective. Who wouldn't want to be in the HOF?

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Sad to see a grown ass man cry that he didn’t make the hall of fame. Grow up my dude it ain’t that serious. His numbers are mediocre AF. If he spent his entire career on Tampa Bay Bucanneers no one would even know who he is. And I’m a cowboy fan

Don’t tell me he cry’s ever year for the last 20 yrs

I don't really care either way if Drew Pearson gets into the Hall of Fame. After how they heauxed :to: all those years, it's clear there's a bias.

Playing devil's advocate though:

Imagine working your whole life to be the best wide receiver you can be.
Since the days you were a kid, that's what you worked toward and what you were known for.
You get to the highest possible level at which you can practice your craft.
You make one of the greatest plays in the HISTORY of the game.
You are a Super Bowl champion.
You post numbers that garner you respect from your peers.
You are named a Pro Bowler/All-Pro multiple times, accolades that means you are consensus the best at your position.
You retire as statistically and by most every other measure, the best receiver your team has ever had. So much so, you're the standard by which any other receiver of transcendent talent that plays for your team is measured (that person gets YOUR number).
You are recognized as one of the greatest players of your decade, noting that all of those players have since been named to the Hall of Fame.
So by every single measure sans actually getting the jacket, you are considered a Hall of Famer.
And yet you aren't in? That shyt will make your soul burn slow.

TL;DR - It's not much different than a man or woman getting attention from any and everybody EXCEPT the person they've actually targeted, or getting dikked around for a promotion or job when everything you've done to that point says you deserve it. That shyt bothers people.

Is it worth tears? No. But that acknowledgment matters a good deal if you spent a significant piece of your life trying to get it. As someone who despises wasting real effort, I get his frustration.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
:dahell:

The Hall of Fame is different tho. Sports for the most part are a meritocracy... with hard numbers to back arguments. Music and film are completely subjective. Who wouldn't want to be in the HOF?
They inducted the guy that created NFL Films. What were his “hard numbers”?

:mjlol:

It’s a selection process not a true competition. So your meritocracy argument doesn’t hold.

Its 48 men in a room, the majority whom never played the game.

If they like, you’re in

If they don’t, you’re out

If they love you, you’re in quicker.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm not that knowledgeable in football (baseball was my first love up until when I was 14 then basketball became my favorite) but it seems to me like the NFL Hall of Fame is really difficult to get into, unlike the Basketball Hall of Fame where they seemingly let anybody in.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
They inducted the guy that created NFL Films. What were his “hard numbers”?

:mjlol:

It’s a selection process not a true competition. So your meritocracy argument doesn’t hold.

Its 48 men in a room, the majority whom never played the game.

If they like, you’re in

If they don’t, you’re out

If they love you, you’re in quicker.
:whoa:
Don't hate on Steve Sabol now

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I'm not that knowledgeable in football (baseball was my first love up until when I was 14 then basketball became my favorite) but it seems to me like the NFL Hall of Fame is really difficult to get into, unlike the Basketball Hall of Fame where they seemingly let anybody in.
well the basketball HOF is for all of basketball (men, women, college, pros, international). the NFL HOF is just for the NFL.