Drew Brees: "I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America"

chief_keef_stan

lil' haitian nikka
Daps
Reppin
Boston. on thot ave. with a big booty island gyal
:mjlol: A lot will forgive you just for apologizing.

Shyts a joke , anybody who believes that cracker is sincere is a fool. For white public figures this is rinse & repeat
this is why if we really want to make progress as a black group in throw the easy forgiving nikkas in the back. Let the rest of us do what we need to do. We done with the bullshyt

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
He gonna show up to the Superdome Week 1 like this
08_aAKEEM_09151989_0001.jpg
Drew gonna walk to the field like
ZestyCreativeChupacabra-size_restricted.gif

akeem.gif

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
For all his flag waving Drew Brees doesn't yet seem to understand how American society works in some areas. You're not punished or ostracized so much for WHAT you say and how stupid it might be; intent, timing and context are all more important in the eyes of the average American.

What Brees said isn't actually very controversial, for a white man. But it was extremely ill timed as the flag/military had nothing, NOTHING, to do with what is currently roiling this country at the moment. So what was his intent dragging that baggage into this new conversation? Someone can't be THAT tone deaf, can they? It has to be malicious in some manner. That's how most people will feel. What context can be drawn here? Unwavering respect for shaky American institutions and traditions from the same citizens (black) that America fails daily? Horrible.

On one hand it may seem like people are really piling on Brees for such a seemingly "tame" instance of tone deafness but you can read so many "unfortunate implications" into his words that it is putting him under a microscope and making people reevaluate their opinion of him.

Brees really put his foot into his mouth with this one. Society loves to shyt on people for making dumb decisions. Inexplicable stupidity that's insulting to one's intelligence. And then beyond that you can find malice in his words.

He's getting what he deserves.

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
I dunno man, it's not that tough to think a dude like Brees might have an epiphany :manny:

For him to directly address Trump is a step that not a single member of Congress has taken in 3.5+ years

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno man, it's not that tough to think a dude like Brees might have an epiphany :manny:

For him to directly address Trump is a step that not a single member of Congress has taken in 3.5+ years

I wouldn’t call it an epiphany but he was clearly uneducated on several issues. Brees has done a lot for the city of New Orleans, specifically black people. I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt.