'Draymond's the greatest defender in NBA history' - ex-NBA player who played with Bill Russell

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Players opinions only matter if they are saying the same shyt I'm saying, otherwise, they're just senile old men, living in the past and have 0 idea what they're talking about in regards to today's NBA.

2-Star Thread.

Edit: 3 star thread off the French phrase parti pris that I'm gonna jack for this paper I'm writing write now. Point still stands though

Daps
how is what dray does defensively any more impressive than what rodman was doing with the pistons at his absolute defensive peak?

at his absolute best there was no one on the floor dennis couldn't guard effectively. not adequately. effectively.
That's a good comparison, and while there's only a margin of difference through most of their defensive abilities, early-90s Rodman wasn't anywhere near the rim protector/defensive anchor that Draymond is. Draymond's basically one of a very, very few players who's elite at everything on the defensive end, in the modern era.
but a Warriors announcer who said he's the goat and better than Bill Russell?:mjlol: You knew that was going to cause a sh*tstorm.:troll:
He never specifically said that he was better than Russell, because he acknowledged that it's hard to compare players from different eras. Just that at the very minimum he has turned into one of the greatest defenders - which to anybody that's been paying attention would see that it's not a stretch at all.

:manny: