'Draymond's the greatest defender in NBA history' - ex-NBA player who played with Bill Russell

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
lol at bron putting up video game stat # in the finals vs the best defender in the world yet he cant get anyrthing going against Kawahi in the finals
This is why I say Leonard is #1. At the end of the day, this is a SF league and he locks down SF's but let's be clear, Green does have the most impact and that can't be denied but I would love to see him v. prime KG and Duncan.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This is why people don't take you seriously. AI was fouling out entire backcourts in his prime. Draymond does not have the foot speed to stay with him. Now could the Warriors guard him, sure, but Draymond one on one?:mjlol::camby:
Green has some of the quickest feet on the perimeter, he could guard in situations but let's be clear, no one can guard A.I. one on one all game. He's indefensible like all exceptional scorers.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is why I say Leonard is #1. At the end of the day, this is a SF league and he locks down SF's but let's be clear, Green does have the most impact and that can't be denied but I would love to see him v. prime KG and Duncan.
lol prime webber and Dirk would feast on him it would be a massacre if u put him up against prime TD and KG

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
lol prime webber and Dirk would feast on him it would be a massacre if u put him up against prime TD and KG
He can lock down prime C. Webb. Dirk is an elite scorer, no many people can lock Dirk down but Green will make it difficult for him.

Daps
AI was fouling out entire backcourts in his prime. Draymond does not have the foot speed to stay with him. Now could the Warriors guard him, sure, but Draymond one on one?:mjlol::camby:
Draymond has the anticipation, IQ, length and lateral quickness to guard AI. I've seen him shadow the likes of Wall, Ish Smith, Kyrie, Westbrook (some of the quickest and/or best dribblers in the league). Draymond wouldn't be able to shut him down, A.I. will still get his - but he'd be able to limit his production as effectively as any. Nobody said anything about shutting Iverson down. Same goes for Kyrie - you can't guard him 1v1 all game. It just isn't practical.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Last season -
qZDmfHI.png

Probably best for you to stay outta the thread when grown folks is talking. :francis:
:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha: Running to your little numbers again,like usual

Daps
:mjlol: You terrible
How idiotic do you have to be to not see how hypocritical you are? It's like you lack all self-awareness. You don't get dismiss my opinion on the basis of "running to your little numbers again", and then use numbers in your own arguments. If you aren't wiling to acknowedge the facts (that Draymond is indeed arguably the best ISO defender in the league), that's fine - you can work strictly off your broken eye-test. But I don't ever wanna see you use stats in your discussions again.

:manny:

Daps
@ghostwriterx

I didn't realize we were working on the premise that 'guarding somebody' = 'shutting them down for an entire game'. If that's the case we might as well say no one player can defend elite offensive players. :ld:

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How idiotic do you have to be to not see how hypocritical you are? It's like you lack all self-awareness. You don't get dismiss my opinion on the basis of "running to your little numbers again", and then use numbers in your own arguments. If you aren't wiling to acknowedge the facts (that Draymond is indeed arguably the best ISO defender in the league), that's fine - you can work strictly off your broken eye-test. But I don't ever wanna see you use stats in your discussions again.

:manny:

:mjlol: You real life slow

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
DRAYMOND'S ONLY DEFENSE AGAINST CAP WOULD BE KICKIN HIM IN THE NUTS, FOH WIT THIS GARBAGE

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@ghostwriterx

I didn't realize we were working on the premise that 'guarding somebody' = 'shutting them down for an entire game'. If that's the case we might as well say no one player can defend elite offensive players. :ld:

Nah, never said that, but these conversations are always a trap because team defensive schemes and personnel and their impact on an individual player's ability to "guard" someone are pretty much ignored. Like when you brought up Draymond guarding Westbrook, you left out important context. Namely GS was content to meet him in the paint with multiple defenders because he plays with a bunch of bricklayers. Imagine Draymond played on the Thunder and Westbrook was rolling with Steph, Klay and Durant. Think Draymond would have similar success guarding Westbrook or any quick guard on the perimeter? Spacing would be better, defense would have to worry about great shooters everywhere, multiple people to put the ball on the floor and create etc.

Just like if we drop Draymond in the 90s he's not going to be able to play center against any of the great centers because the rules/style of play are going to limit his effectiveness defensively.