"Drake's Views from the 6 needs to be a classic or else"-Charlamagne

Capo Dei Capi

Fukk a studio thug, I'm a skinny jeans bigot
Daps
Let's have a permanent IP-ban bet, homie. You in or you out? :francis:

Neither fat, ugly or a man as much as ya'll desperate want that to be true. :francis:

Sure do a live stream on periscope, YouTube, or ustream showing yourself posting on here.

Lets see if you're really 5'7 and 124 pounds. :youngsabo: @Ms. Elaine

@Ms. Elaine why you disappear like that after he accepted? You best not be on fiverr.com looking for some chick who looks like you claim you do :francis:

@hexagram23 @The II XX @Prodigal Syndicate @ODOT META @Mephistopheles

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Drake has 0 classics. Only Drake fans still care about So Far Gone.

He will continue to have 0 classics.

Not a huge deal. Eminem has zero classics too :pachaha:

If you have to use modifiers like "personal", "generational"....then don't even use the word classic. It's like saying "this is the best steak I ever had....on a Tuesday....while it's raining....in the afternoon". It renders the point meaningless.

And definitely don't use the word classic in the middle of a run. People did the same shyt for Wayne and 50....both of which virtually no one cares about now. Neither can even get a release date. But in their prime half their songs were "classic" because of sheep. Same shyt, different artist. If Drake has a classic it won't be determined until well after his run has ended, which is a terrifying prospect for his stans.

Fred.
Define classic, and what makes an album/mixtape/song classic... :francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I said if we're going to have that discussion, now is not the time. Because the sheer hype surrounding his career will skew everything about him. Like it did with Wayne and 50.

Fred.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member

Classic is an album that withstands the test of time. When you can listen to that album 15+ years after the fact and still love it like you did the first 10 times you heard it. An album that helps define the genre it is part of. That piece or those pieces of music that you would show to someone just learning or getting into the music. Something revolutionary, something game changing.

When people say 36 chambers....All Eyez On Me...Amerikkkaz Most Wanted...Illmatic...Low End Theory....Criminal Minded....where would you stick a 'So Far Gone' ??

In my opinion, no where. I wouldn't even let So Far Gone's protect the vinyl sleeve to 36 chambers....

That's just me though....me and all non-Drake stans....:heh:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
whitney_receipts.gif

na man @hexagram23 was right, that spring of 2010 when wayne released that rock album had everyone caping for him, my nikka @charmander was doing duble duty with the state vs rodric davis and lil wayne stanning to the max where do you think ::we cakin we eating we winnin" came from. charmander knew that shyt was ass, but it was his duty to follow suit. you just havent been around that long to know

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
na man @hexagram23 was right, that spring of 2010 when wayne released that rock album had everyone caping for him, my nikka @charmander was doing duble duty with the state vs rodric davis and lil wayne stanning to the max where do you think ::we cakin we eating we winnin" came from. charmander knew that shyt was ass, but it was his duty to follow suit. you just havent been around that long to know

I tried to tell him. :manny:

That's why I was :what: when he said "you wasn't on SOHH". I was on SOHH from '99 onward. Same name and everything. No idea who he was though.

Fred.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Classic is an album that withstands the test of time. When you can listen to that album 15+ years after the fact and still love it like you did the first 10 times you heard it. An album that helps define the genre it is part of. That piece or those pieces of music that you would show to someone just learning or getting into the music. Something revolutionary, something game changing.

When people say 36 chambers....All Eyez On Me...Amerikkkaz Most Wanted...Illmatic...Low End Theory....Criminal Minded....where would you stick a 'So Far Gone' ??

In my opinion, no where. I wouldn't even let So Far Gone's protect the vinyl sleeve to 36 chambers....

That's just me though....me and all non-Drake stans....:heh:
So Far Gone is a classic mixtape though...it's objectively one of the best and biggest tapes ever and was low key influential.

Take Care has stood the test of time, 5 years later and people from my generation still love this album and play songs off it.

It don't gotta be Illmatic or Doggystyle, every era has it's classics. You name classics and its just a bunch of 90's albums (don't get me wrong I love those). I feel like nikkas really show their age.

The other day I was at a get together and Wayne, Drake, Gudda Gudda, Nicki, Jae Millz "BedRock" came up a bunch of nikkas recited Drake's verse word for word this is 7 years after it dropped. Y'all would never call a song like that a classic.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Far Gone is a classic mixtape though...it's objectively one of the best and biggest tapes ever and was low key influential.

Take Care has stood the test of time, 5 years later and people from my generation still love this album and play songs off it.

It don't gotta be Illmatic or Doggystyle, every era has it's classics. You name classics and its just a bunch of 90's albums (don't get me wrong I love those). I feel like nikkas really show their age.

The other day I was at a get together and Wayne, Drake, Gudda Gudda, Nicki, Jae Millz "BedRock" came up a bunch of nikkas recited Drake's verse word for word this is 7 years after it dropped. Y'all would never call a song like that a classic.
Are you suggesting that shyt is a classic?

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member

LOL. You guys want to lower the bar so bad and have horrible excuses for it. So because you and a bunch of corn balls knew 'BedRock' lyrics it's a classic and Drake is now on par with KRS One, Nas, and Snoop Dogg? lol. Why can't you guys just call it a good project, the project that introduced Drake to the masses? Why does it have to be CLASSIC?

So Far Gone is not a classic to anyone but Drake stans. The average person is not putting So Far Gone up there with true classics. Just isn't happening. Adding 'classic mixtape' isn't changing that either. It's not even better than mixtapes put out by Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne and the squad tapes, G-Unit, and the like.

lol @ low key influential. Stop. 808s and Heartbreaks was the influential album, the one that influenced these whine raps to begin with. It's a compliment to 808s and Heartbreaks at best. If that album isn't classic (its not) then neither is the spin off album, mixtape, whatever you want to call So Far Gone. Call it anything but classic.

It does need to be a classic on par with Doggystyle and those to be a classic. Every generation has classics and they have no problem sitting next to those. That's why even though Criminal Minded was out Illmatic had no troubles being sat next to it.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
LOL. You guys want to lower the bar so bad and have horrible excuses for it. So because you and a bunch of corn balls knew 'BedRock' lyrics it's a classic and Drake is now on par with KRS One, Nas, and Snoop Dogg? lol. Why can't you guys just call it a good project, the project that introduced Drake to the masses? Why does it have to be CLASSIC?

So Far Gone is not a classic to anyone but Drake stans. The average person is not putting So Far Gone up there with true classics. Just isn't happening. Adding 'classic mixtape' isn't changing that either. It's not even better than mixtapes put out by Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne and the squad tapes, G-Unit, and the like.

lol @ low key influential. Stop. 808s and Heartbreaks was the influential album, the one that influenced these whine raps to begin with. It's a compliment to 808s and Heartbreaks at best. If that album isn't classic (its not) then neither is the spin off album, mixtape, whatever you want to call So Far Gone. Call it anything but classic.

It does need to be a classic on par with Doggystyle and those to be a classic. Every generation has classics and they have no problem sitting next to those. That's why even though Criminal Minded was out Illmatic had no troubles being sat next to it.
Why not? Again 90's shyt because it's not 90's shyt it's not classic. It don't gotta be as good as those to be a classic every generation of music has it's classics. :heh:

Why we gotta be corn balls? :dead:

So Far Gone not better than the Sqad Up tapes? :mjlol:

C'mon son you comparing a mixtape full of freestyles to a mixtape that sounded like an album and had hit records. So Far Gone is better than all those tapes. We knocking the mixtape that had tracks like Successful, The Calm, Say What's Real, Ignant Shyt, Uptown, I'm Goin' In, Lust For Life, Fear, Brand New? Let go of your perception of Drake and focus on just the music. This mixtape is classic. Trap or Die by Jeezy is a classic tape, The Warm Up by Cole is a classic tape, Kush & OJ by Wiz is a classic tape, Dedication 2 by Wayne is a classic tape, So Far Gone by Drake is a classic tape.

An album like Take Care don't need to stand next to Doggystyle, it stands alone stop comparing shyt. Different albums, from different artists, with different aspirations and a different climate of rap. I'm not gonna sit here with y'all nikkas and pretend there's only two classic albums released in the last 10 years bullshyt.

So Far Gone is not a spin off of 808's, Drake rapped over one of the 808's beats but both of these projects were both recorded at the same time. Some songs (Brand New) were out before 808's even had a single out.

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
If you need classics past the millennium: Ghost's Supreme Clientele, Common's Be, Madvillainy, Kanye's MBDTF, Kendrick's GKMC/ TPAB, Lupe's Tetsuo & Youth. Drake's shyt does not deserve to be mentioned among them...

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
If you need classics past the millennium: Ghost's Supreme Clientele, Common's Be, Madvillainy, Kanye's MBDTF, Kendrick's GKMC/ TPAB, Lupe's Tetsuo & Youth. Drake's shyt does not deserve to be mentioned among them...

lmao

That album did not resonate culturally as a classic. Haha, because you personally loved the shyt a lot doesn't make it classic. The Cool or Food & Liquor I'll accept though.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nikka said Tetsuo & Youth is a classic :mjlol:

Backpacking ass nikkas man :snoop:

To Pimp A Butterfly is a classic now after one year of release :mjlol:

It's not what you like it's what penetrates the culture, what's a sign of the times mixed with quality/replay value. Madvillainy is a cult classic at best and I'm a big fan of the production on there...

Daps
Take Care is not a classic. I don't know why people (Drake stans) want to act like it is so badly..

Its his only above average album yes, that doesn't mean its a classic guys..