"Drake's Views from the 6 needs to be a classic or else"-Charlamagne

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, I fukk with Charlamagne now, :ohhh:.

Or is he just not a Nas hater anymore because he wants that interview? :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
JkS7bo2.jpg

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Pure ignorance. Surprising coming from you actually. Plenty of artist have blurred that line before. plenty of Hip Hop albums that are classics that don't focus on Hood and Street shyt. Kanye's first 2 albums kept that at a minimum. And both are universal classics.

I think he just lacks the depth and subject matter. Even looking back, a lot of "deep cuts" are shallow. Even when he's trying to showcase some form of depth he rarely ever leaves the surface.

I noticed this a little while ago. Even with tracks like "Fear", it's worded nice, vocabulary on display in some areas. Good metaphors. But then you look closer. He really isn't saying anything.
It just comes down to this. He's not an artist. Period. He's not capable of making something like CD or LR. Or any Blueprint. Or even along the lines of SSLP or MMLP. Or Illmatic. He just doesn't have it in him. Like @JayBaldacci said he's just a hits oriented artist....performer. Not really a rapper.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
I'm :dead: at "you wasn't on SOHH". I was one of the first posters the admins approached about coming here. Me being on SOHH is one of the main reasons I'm a moderator here.

It's cool though. In 10 years time people will claim they never liked "Hotline Bling", either.

Fred.

I don't know why people would claim that. That song is gonna be attached to a lot of good memories for people. shyt was/is a fun song that done its job as a fire party

Candy Shop was annoying because people were accustomed to hard shyt from 50 but but was big for what it was meant for.