"Drake's Views from the 6 needs to be a classic or else"-Charlamagne

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
I'm not sure any of Drakes albums are classic to me to be honest.

But you guys do realise there's a difference between personal classic and something that has resonated culturally as a classic. A classic ain't about your personal opinion. Take Care and SFG are classics for the young generation I think

Randoug

Superstar
Daps

But you guys do realise there's a difference between personal classic and something that has resonated culturally as a classic. A classic ain't about your personal opinion. Take Care and SFG are classics for the young generation I think
problem is Take Care is practically an RnB album...He has yet to make a rap classic personal or universal.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps

Agreed. But you can't use the term "personal" and then apply it to an entire generation. At that point it's no longer personal. So Far Gone was fun and a personal classic for me. It just hasn't aged very Well. Sounds extremely dated although I personally enjoy it just because of the nostalgia it gives me.

If there's any project of his that really resonates with the generation it's Take Care. Which is good but not great.

He slipped on NWTS. Should have tried to stay in the same vein he did with Take Care. NWTS was sort of a transitioning album to leave simp Drake in the past and move forward into tough talk Drake. It just didn't work out for whatever reason. Even that shyt is hard to get through and it's only 3'years old.

Had he stayed in the same vein he had with Take Care, just focused the lense a bit more and made it shorter. It would have been his classic. He found something on Take Care, just didn't have the capabilities to maximize what he found. Songs like "worst behavior" have no business on a classic album.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I think Views might might or break Drake , I can bet he'll have a Rihanna /Dancehall record

I can smell it already

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you have to use modifiers like "personal", "generational"....then don't even use the word classic. It's like saying "this is the best steak I ever had....on a Tuesday....while it's raining....in the afternoon". It renders the point meaningless.

And definitely don't use the word classic in the middle of a run. People did the same shyt for Wayne and 50....both of which virtually no one cares about now. Neither can even get a release date. But in their prime half their songs were "classic" because of sheep. Same shyt, different artist. If Drake has a classic it won't be determined until well after his run has ended, which is a terrifying prospect for his stans.

Fred.

Last edited:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
If you have to use modifiers like "personal", generational"....then don't even use the word classic. It's like saying "this is the best steak I ever had....on a Tuesday....while it's raining....in the afternoon". It renders the point meaningless.

And definitely don't use the word classic in the middle of a run. People did the same shyt for Wayne and 50....both of which virtually no one cares about now. Neither can even get a release date. But in their prime half their songs were "classic" because of sheep. Same shyt, different artist. If Drake has a classic it won't be determined until well after his run has ended, which is a terrifying prospect for his stans.

Fred.

same applies to Kendrick :sas2:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
If you have to use modifiers like "personal", generational"....then don't even use the word classic. It's like saying "this is the best steak I ever had....on a Tuesday....while it's raining....in the afternoon". It renders the point meaningless.

Fred.

50 and Wayne have classic albums and mixtapes. You high?

A lot of important new artists say Wayne/50 inspired them to do music.

Last edited: