Daps
Reppin
Golden △
I'm talking their pre album stuff

Some of Kendricks earlier shyt was kind of cringe

Drakes sounded way better and to the point

Kendrick got better by working on it

And now we got Drake references leaking out

Thats why i believe Drake does not, and probably never, wrote the majority of his stuff

Dude always been using steroids
Drake wrote on Detox at like 19.

Drake always been cold with it just because he used ghost writers doesn’t take away from his talent.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
That Detox Drake reference don't move me

Whose to say someone else ain't make one for him, before he made it?

It's too many references for Drake for me to believe him at this point

He ain't never gave us nothing to believe in

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick did sound like Wayne on C4 but that was the concept of C4 mixtape. When he was on a couple of songs on Game's BWS & YKWII vol.4 mixtapes and Jay Rock's mixtapes (& on their collab mixtape also) he didn't really sound that much like Wayne, (sure their voices were still somewhat similar)

It is true that Ab-Soul & Jay Rock were a bit more polished than Dot & Q back then. Q wasn't as aggressive and Dot wasn't as introspective/complex but they all were still spitting

To me Drake sounded more like Budden & maybe Phone early on, but with less depth and worse wordplay.

KDot & Jay Rock had a mixtape where they only rapped over classic New York beats. Outside of Jay Rock's first mixtapes and Game's mixtapes I'm pretty sure that was the first KDot project I heard & after that I went back and checked out Training Day. On the NYC mixtape KDot did basically Hov&Big imitations, check out Kick in the Door freestyle for example, he's basically mimicking Biggies flow and voice. Interestingly enough they also rapped over Shook Ones pt.2 on the mixtape, but obviously most rappers remember their BET cypher over that beat

Also to be fair, around 2009-2010, after Q and Ab-Soul had dropped their first (TDE) mixtapes KDot was the weakest member to me, I still felt he was talented, but I liked Gangsta & Soul and Longterm more than any KDot project.

OD and Section.80 really changed things a lot, but to me GKMC is where Kendrick proved that he's one of the best artists of his generation and not "just" a good artist/MC

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
well I'd like to think so, he could invest in his music

saying that, it doesn't really matter either because a chunk of A$AP Rocky's debut tape was done in an apartment and its the best release out of all the generation of 2008-2011 artists

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
Cole renegaded

No

drake delivery on that last verse was :damn:

“will they ever give me flowers well of course not
they dont wanna have that talk cause its a sore spot
they know the boy the one they gotta boycott”

those couple bars too me are some of drake best bars he went off