Drakes earlier music sounded a lot more polished than Kendrick

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset

gotta remind myself this song exists sometimes :dead:

He was a Wayne fan prior to his career taking off.
it sounded like all TDE was listening to was wayne when C4 came out. half the beats were wayne and kendrick even did a fake wraspy wayne voice on one of the songs

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps

it sounded like all TDE was listening to was wayne when C4 came out. half the beats were wayne and kendrick even did a fake wraspy wayne voice on one of the songs

Someone said in the comments:

This sounds like a music Rigby would make and accidently summon a demon in a regular show episode

:russ:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
this much should be obvious to anyone who was listening in the Comeback Season/So Far Gone era.

The sound he had that got him noticed doesn't even share similarities to what he sounds like now, which is pretty damning an indictment of his pen. Early Kendrick still sounds like Kendrick. Like the same 'character', just further along in the seasons of the show.

Drake's pen sounds like it's been Aunt Viv recast 4-5 times at LEAST.

I, ironically, believe that he has the most hand in his R&B/Pop singing outing than his bars by far, and I even think dude has a good staff that works with him on those sounds - good enough to carry a career in that lane alone. Hell, the number of tracks he has writing credits on for non-rappers is high and pretty quality.

I don't think Drake could freestyle. I don't think he could sequence a record and be able to move bars around and rearrange them in post to adjust the track. I don't think he could have gotten 20 minutes of bars and then moved and spliced things during the process of the beef the way Kendrick threw in rebuttal bars after the fact and then dropped so people were thinking he fully recored MTG/NLU after Family Matters when he very much did not.

I think Drake is a pop artist. And if he'd accepted that and leaned into that, no one would be on his neck about it like they are. No one cares that The-Dream wrote Umbrella for Rihanna. But if they found out he also wrote Jay's verse; there would be conversations.

Drake just wants to have his cake and eat it when that just isn't his bag.

He's definitely been fraudulent from multiple directions though. But there is a talent in being that adaptable/malleable as to move from fad to fad like he has. But being that moldable means you don't have a shape of your own. And... that's pretty much the Story of Adid Drake

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

Crazy enough Ab Soul never switched his style.

But a lot of artist had a different style prior to getting notoriety. Jay Z was rapping like twista with Jaz O before his first album.

Lil Wayne had a different style before becoming more lyrical.

Busta was more conscious with leaders of the new school.

If Aubrey was rapping like his degrassi days and on that trey songz track, his career would've been finished.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
This was My first time getting introduced to Kendrick Lamar...then I went back and downloaded all his projects..

(Dot @2:17)