Drake Wack AF For Dissing Esperanza Spalding....

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Can't tell what's worst:

A grow man creating fake beef to sell music
Hating on something that occured over a 10 decade ago

Drake hating on a lesser known jazz musician while being one of the most popular artists on the planet

That Drake's ghostwriters are running out of ideas. We've seen the beefing with female artists arc already. It doesn't work anymore.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I've arguably posted more jazz on this forum than anyone else, especially in the last year. In fact I bet you can't name 5 jazz albums that came out this year.

Fact is, he wasn't dissing her and even further...he's allowed to be spiteful when yall dont even listen to the shyt. The fukk is up with this soft shyt? Now we gotta be humble and go along to get along?

Instead of making blanket statements I need you to break it down on why this was not a diss?

And as someone that is a sponsor of one of the largest jazz festivals in my city and hosted a private listening session with Lakecia Benjamin, just last month, I'm not interested in your kiddy competitions.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Instead of making blanket statements I need you to break it down on why this was not a diss?

And as someone that is a sponsor of one of the largest jazz festivals in my city and hosted a private listening session with Lakecia Benjamin, just last month, I'm not interested in your kiddy competitions.
the guy is rapping about his whole career on that song (because I know you didn't listen to it) and he's talking about a real emotion he felt about losing that award...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Ok thanks for not answering the question.
It would've better if you had not responded.
don't be a bytch now...the guy isn't dissing Esperanza Spalding. Plus how do you reference the fact you lost an award you thought you deserved? Again, yall claim to be fans right?

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
not a diss

some of the outrage think pieces surrounding this album is hilarious

i like esperanza's music (enough to know none of these uppity folks were talkin bout her a week ago), and i think its not that wild for another artist to basically say yo i think i shoulda won that award all those years ago
It was a diss. I don’t know how you listen to this whining hoe rap

invalid

Banned
Daps
don't be a bytch now...the guy isn't dissing Esperanza Spalding

EXPLAIN WHY??

Jazz is not the genre that musicians and artist regularly and publicly diss each other. Leave that shyt with Hip Hop.

Why would he bring this bullshyt to her doorsteps?

You can talk about your career and your career failures without having to diss, especially an artist in a genre where there is a mutual respect amongst all musicians.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
not a diss

some of the outrage think pieces surrounding this album is hilarious

i like esperanza's music (enough to know none of these uppity folks were talkin bout her a week ago), and i think its not that wild for another artist to basically say yo i think i shoulda won that award all those years ago

Whenever it's time to take sides in a "diss" or "beef" all these supposed fans of a less popular artist come out the woodwork to their defense to be condescending and criticize others for not knowing about them. Crazy part is, if you look through their history, you'll never see them posting about any of their new releases or discussing their work previously.