Drake shouldn’t be allowed to call Black people both racists AND nikkas.

Do You Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 91 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.1%

• Total voters

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I meant nobody should use it, but it’s not racist when used by black people.
One more time...
: no person : not anybody

If nobody, no person, should use it, why are you saying black people can. You're contradicting yourself.
You're saying it cannot be said while it can be said. If only one group can say it, you gotta say that while accepting it should be said.

And if you say only one group should say it, Drake is not part of the group that should say it.
If you want Drake to say it, you have to say another group can say it too. Now two groups should be able to say it?

You starting to figure it out?

Here is an idea. Stop saying nikka in interracial settings if you think only black people should say it.
For which country?
Black is going to be defined differently in different countries, especially ones in Africa and across countries with a heavy African diasporic population.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Nah. Drake's good out here. He's been good out here since the late 00s. He's endured all the BS y'all threw at him and is still mainstream 15 years later. He can call whoever is being racists racist and nikkas nikkas. His father is ADOS, you know :sas2:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
For ADOS/FBA someone with at most four grandparents who descend from slaves of African descent, 4/4 black.
Having three grandparents who wholly descend from slaves of African descent would also make someone black, 3/4 black.
Having two mixed grandparents and two black grandparents also makes someone black.
Someone with with a half-black parent and a black parent would be ADOS/FBA black. Dave Chappelle's (4:37):

This implies someone "looks black".

Back in the day when the one-drop rule was legally upheld by segregation biracial people could be black if that's how they looked or identified, sometimes it was both. This is Lena Horne with her second husband:
deliveryService

Can you say 100% you see any black people here?
Not you know Lena Horne background, I'm sayin' looking at the picture.

Eartha Kitt's daughter is not albino if Eartha Kitt is biracial herself and her daughter's father is white.
Her daughter would be a quadroon, a quarter black. She's white with black admixture.

Since the USA flattens blackness, anyone who closely looks to be of African descent can be "black" by choice on the census. Africans can come to the USA and be considered black despite being from Nigeria, Ethiopia, Senegal, DRC, South Africa, Zambia, Mauritania. Biracials from Europe can claim blackness in the USA because ADOS/FBA did not leave space for ethnic division in the 20th century movement for civil rights.

Who is "black" in the USA? Anyone who is of obvious African descent and chooses "Black" on our national census.

When we talk about who is and who ain't black are we using old definitions? Are we being specific? In 2024 biracials aren't black, they are biracial.

And somethin' that's just been on me mind for a minute, this Drake beef in hip-hop been remindin' me 'bout the relationship between blacks and the gens de couleurs during the Haitian Revolution. Drake lookin' like Andre Petion right now... @HarlemHottie what you thinkin'?

AWYyty.gif

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
@HarlemHottie what you thinkin'?
:jbhmm: Fukk Drake, but he's fully 1/2 ADOS. Does he get to say nikka? No, he was raised as an offbrand, foreign Jew. There is an ADOS community in Canada, he just wasn't a part of it. Tamia was. (Note her reproductive choices.)

His case is interesting, tho. Black men cause this confusion. We got all kinda half Phillipinos, half Germans, all kinda weird shyt due to 'yall.' :skip:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm: Fukk Drake, but he's fully 1/2 ADOS. Does he get to say nikka? No, he was raised as an offbrand, foreign Jew. There is an ADOS community in Canada, he just wasn't a part of it. Tamia was. (Note her reproductive choices.)

His case is interesting, tho. Black men cause this confusion. We got all kinda half Phillipinos, half Germans, all kinda weird shyt due to 'yall.' :skip:
:picard:
Y'all? I'm the abstinent king of Gorilla Soldier Gang. Free YM Bape.

I can't disagree with you though, if all women are looking for their men to lead their community...
If Drake can say nikka without catchin' strays, Rozay should be able to call him a white boy without problems since Drake chose legacy with a white woman.
He been actin' like a white boy, the shoe fit... hol' up... how this:

Different from this?

Cube dissed a crew he made money with. Cube would not be Cube without NWA and he dissed all them:
Ay yo Dre, stick to producin'
Callin' me Arnold, but you been-a-dikk
Eazy-E saw your ass and went in it quick
Who gives a fukk about a punk-ass villain?
You're gettin' fukked real quick
And Eazy's dikk, is smellin' like MC Ren's shyt
Gang-banged by your manager, fella
Gettin' money out your ass, like a motherfukkin' Ready Teller
Givin' up the dollar bills
Now they got the Villain with a purse and high-heels
So don't believe what Ren say
'Cause he's goin' out like Kunte Kinte
But I got a whip for ya Toby
Used to be my homie, now you act like you don't know me

The real conversation we need to have is if integrating hip-hop made hip-hop soft. Drake gettin' off way too easy.
Common was beefin' with Cube in the 90s and Farrakhan had to get involved. I think we gotta blame Common for not ending Drake.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
For ADOS/FBA someone with at most four grandparents who descend from slaves of African descent, 4/4 black.
Having three grandparents who wholly descend from slaves of African descent would also make someone black, 3/4 black.
Having two mixed grandparents and two black grandparents also makes someone black.
Someone with with a half-black parent and a black parent would be ADOS/FBA black. Dave Chappelle's (4:37):

This implies someone "looks black".

Back in the day when the one-drop rule was legally upheld by segregation biracial people could be black if that's how they looked or identified, sometimes it was both. This is Lena Horne with her second husband:
deliveryService

Not you know Lena Horne background, I'm sayin' looking at the picture.

Eartha Kitt's daughter is not albino if Eartha Kitt is biracial herself and her daughter's father is white.
Her daughter would be a quadroon, a quarter black. She's white with black admixture.

Since the USA flattens blackness, anyone who closely looks to be of African descent can be "black" by choice on the census. Africans can come to the USA and be considered black despite being from Nigeria, Ethiopia, Senegal, DRC, South Africa, Zambia, Mauritania. Biracials from Europe can claim blackness in the USA because ADOS/FBA did not leave space for ethnic division in the 20th century movement for civil rights.

Who is "black" in the USA? Anyone who is of obvious African descent and chooses "Black" on our national census.

When we talk about who is and who ain't black are we using old definitions? Are we being specific? In 2024 biracials aren't black, they are biracial.

And somethin' that's just been on me mind for a minute, this Drake beef in hip-hop been remindin' me 'bout the relationship between blacks and the gens de couleurs during the Haitian Revolution. Drake lookin' like Andre Petion right now... @HarlemHottie what you thinkin'?

AWYyty.gif

"of obvious African descent"

That's pretty vague. Africa is a large continent and has many varied indigenous populations. African groups/tribes come in many different looks. The San people look different from the Akan people who look different from Ethiopians who look different from Fulani people, etc...

Also, Black = African? If the classification of Blackness boils down to this "African look," then what you're implying - whether consciously or subconsciously - is that Blackness is African.

As for biracials, there are many different biracials: Asian+White, Black+White, Black+Asian, Asian/Black/White+Indigenous American, etc... Saying someone is "biracial" is also meaningless, what "kind" of biracial?

Black-biracials I usually just define as Black if that's what they choose to identify as. I don't get hung up on color classification like other people as it is mostly meaningless. The only thing that makes sense to me is lineage.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA

That's pretty vague. Africa is a large continent and has many varied indigenous populations. African groups/tribes come in many different looks. The San people look different from the Akan people who look different from Ethiopians who look different from Fulani people, etc...

Also, Black = African? If the classification of Blackness boils down to this "African look," then what you're implying - whether consciously or subconsciously - is that Blackness is African.

As for biracials, there are many different biracials: Asian+White, Black+White, Black+Asian, Asian/Black/White+Indigenous American, etc... Saying someone is "biracial" is also meaningless, what "kind" of biracial?

Black-biracials I usually just define as Black if that's what they choose to identify as. I don't get hung up on color classification like other people as it is mostly meaningless. The only thing that makes sense to me is lineage.
Drake-For-All-The-Dogs-2023-Clips.png

This picture has never sat right with me. There's something about it that doesn't look authentic. Like he's playing with us (we know he is) Dude looks like a racist caricature out of the 1800s. Every once in awhile hel'll pop up with a 70s fro or a 80s jerry curl or a 90s zig zag lineup.

Rozay's point in calling him "White Boy" is that 1) he knows that ether burns through Drake's soul and 2) Drake is only black when it benefits him.

Somebody

All Star
Daps
I 100 percent Agree with this tweet

Racism is about subjugating black ppl. Black ppl love to subjugating black ppl which is wat Drake is accusing Ross of doing.

He’ll selectively denying his blackness.

I’m not even mixed and it happened to me. Nikkas saying i talk white when I was younger.

Truth is, we all have our opinions on what black is but when u move the goalpost for your own liking like wat Ross is doing, that’s treason.

Somebody

All Star
Daps

This picture has never sat right with me. There's something about it that doesn't look authentic. Like he's playing with us (we know he is) Dude looks like a racist caricature out of the 1800s. Every once in awhile hel'll pop up with a 70s fro or a 80s jerry curl or a 90s zig zag lineup.

Rozay's point in calling him "White Boy" is that 1) he knows that ether burns through Drake's soul and 2) Drake is only black when it benefits him.

If a nikka tells another nikka he sound white or is white washed that would make his soul burn. Attacking a nikka’s blackness is racist no matter who is doing the attacking.

Tair

Superstar
Daps

Feelings =/= reality. I don't see the picture in the way you do.

As for "Rick Ross"... He named himself after a drug dealer who sold drugs to Black (ADOS) folk in order to enrich himself. Rick Ross is also the same guy that said:

Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it
I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it

Rick Ross does things to benefit himself as much as Drake.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps

That's pretty vague.
...that was the point, being black is vague in the USA because the USA flattens blackness, a vague definition is necessary. ATM if black people don't define blackness in the USA its always going to have a vague definition.

In 2023 I said African /= black and made it clear for your similar reasons. But then you got the census: Black or African-American. Some history:

@Amo Husserl

Define Black.
For which country?
Black is going to be defined differently in different countries, especially ones in Africa and across countries with a heavy African diasporic population.
Since the USA flattens blackness, anyone who closely looks to be of African descent can be "black" by choice on the census. Africans can come to the USA and be considered black despite being from
Since black people native to the USA mainly descend from various West and Central African ethnic groups there is a genetic relationship observed by "looking" African. Blackness is a result of obvious African heritage.

558c73d5899b81544cb7df0e1be6bc5e.jpg

tony-allen.jpg

gettyimages-615289816.jpg

142619.jpg

Nipsey Hussle's father was Eritrean. What is the father checking off on the census? What is Nipsey checking off on the census?
2010.jpg

You see the difference between question 8 and 9. Why do Black, African-American or Negroes have one category?

Biracial as bi-racial: bi, meaning two, and racial relating to race.
The meaning being of two races regardless of what the races are.