Northern California
s3cIJr6.gif
Drake stans gonna hate seeing this shyt posted over and over again :wow:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
This is insane. Who could see the day coming where were having discussions about Drake being in blackface :wow:

Artists think on a different spectrum... Nas wanted to lynch a jay-z dummy on stage and thinks nothing was wrong with it

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
His career won't end.
It won't end as in be over entirely.

However, I did not think it would take a major hit, and today? I actually think there's a good chance there could be a solid hit to it. The black face apology hurt things, both in terms of taking a timeout in a hip-hop battle, and mainstream outlets aren't buying the apology.

shyt man, he may end up making another statement about the statement he already made. I'm sure there's already at least some pressure on him to do so after this statement backfired so badly.

He's in black face on CNN, ABC, BBC, everywhere, and again, he's getting criticized in the mainstream media for his statement about the black face picture.

It's 2018. SJW and PC culture is at an all time high. No one is untouchable these days (except for maybe Trump I guess).

This is not a good look for Drake at all. In the hip-hop world he's taken a major L. The big question is will he be fine in the pop world? Probably so, yeah. Especially if nothing else happens or if he shuts up. But if he keeps fukking up, you never know.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is insane. Who could see the day coming where were having discussions about Drake being in blackface :wow:

The path from who Drake actually is to where we currently are isn't as convoluted as people think. The problem is his fans tried to make him into someone he isn't.

He's a former child actor raised by a white woman in the richest, whitest part of Canada. Made something like $40,000 a year as a teen. Lived in a mansion.

That's not even criticism....that's actually who he is.

His fans response?

"He spent summers in Memphis"
"$40,000 isn't much, his mom was sick"
"His mansion wasn't that big"
"When Drake says he started from the bottom....the bottom has a lot of different meanings"
"He has black friends"

Ok cool....but at the end of the day he's still a child actor raised by a white woman in the suburbs of Canada. I'm not saying I foreseen this blackface thing....but it's exactly the kind of misguided tone deaf attempt at racial/social commentary someone from his background would make.

Fred.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Are they still in the US? :jbhmm:

Also, no one should touch this until the beef is done or at least until 2019. It seems a lot more is gonna come up during the summer.

Apparently there’s no more US filming til September :yeshrug: but I really don’t know

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
What does that have to do with...
Drake
In
Blackface?
:jbhmm:

Slaves were lynched... People are in here saying blackface is never acceptable on any level. So how can Nas get a pass for wanting to hang another black man on stage for the world.
Being lynched is worse than dressing up in blackface.

I just want people to keep the same energy all around.. If nikkas on some black power shyt dont be selective...