Drake responds to the Blackface photos on IG story

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
And even if Drake was trying to emulate some Little Brother-esque statement, they’re actually Black Americans and he is not... even Cole’s most recent album plays around with this concept, him doing performances in an orange jumpsuit, etc. yet they all managed to not do actual Blackface... this gets back to foreign blacks thinking they have this grasp on our shyt and they do NOT

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Drake and Little Brother used to ride heavy back in the day, I remember. I used to love LB even tho Phonte has been on some fukk shyt as of late. This was when drake was still good.

Yet again... some of us do actually remember 2007 lol
what do you mean by this?

i like phonte but hes said some slick haterish shyt over the years

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Oh,So he's one with the struggle of African Americans and sees color now:pachaha:?

“I always had friends from all different backgrounds, all different walks of life, we all get along,” Drake told the radio host. “I never really notice color, religion. We don’t live like that. There’s not that much segregation in Canada, especially in Toronto. It’s a cultural mosaic. You don’t ever develop hate.”

He also discussed his trouble with integrating into the American rap industry, not because of his race, but more so because of his nationality.

“The first time I really experienced [racism] was when I got famous and went to America and people would challenge me like I don’t understand how it works or like, ‘Oh, you’re Canadian. You’ll never understand the Black American struggle,'” he said. “That was the first time I had ever gotten challenged. If I ever feel like an outsider it’s usually because I’m not American.”
Drake Says He Only Experienced Racism After Coming to America After Fame: 'I Never Really Notice Color'
Whooo shyt...:yeschild:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I know, but if I had to guess, I would think Drake was trying to copy that album's message, but did it horribly wrong.

And he did it wrong because there is a disconnect between Drake and 'black'. Which is ok, but let's be reality. The pictures as a prop to (effectively) highlight his identity issues.

"How you tell bytches to know yourself, when you don't even know yourself
You would't know yourself
Say he Canadian, maybe Asian, Croatian
Be sounding like his Jamaican friends, depending on what state he in" - Joe Budden

:francis:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Drake has said from day 1 that Phonte was his favorite rapper.

You do realize Drake was a super "backpack" rap guy back in the day?
He was a big Clipse fan too. The Irony :russ:

A big jay fan too, the Irony :russ:

Though most people don't get that he was a Phonte fan. Really it makes sense.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Oh,So he's one with the struggle of African Americans and sees color now:pachaha:?

“I always had friends from all different backgrounds, all different walks of life, we all get along,” Drake told the radio host. “I never really notice color, religion. We don’t live like that. There’s not that much segregation in Canada, especially in Toronto. It’s a cultural mosaic. You don’t ever develop hate.”

He also discussed his trouble with integrating into the American rap industry, not because of his race, but more so because of his nationality.

“The first time I really experienced [racism] was when I got famous and went to America and people would challenge me like I don’t understand how it works or like, ‘Oh, you’re Canadian. You’ll never understand the Black American struggle,'” he said. “That was the first time I had ever gotten challenged. If I ever feel like an outsider it’s usually because I’m not American.”
Drake Says He Only Experienced Racism After Coming to America After Fame: 'I Never Really Notice Color'
Damn breh Pusha should have you on his bankroll :wow:

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Need that Juelz doubletalk with Aubrey’s head shopped onto it ASAP :heh:

@3Rivers
s3cIJr6.gif

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
what do you mean by this?

i like phonte but hes said some slick haterish shyt over the years

He likes to pop shyt on twitter... I’m perma banned on there so I can’t pull anything up :aicmon: but I used to have some tweets saved, he loves to play devils advocate, contrarian just for the sake of it on his Lupe shyt and he has said some ‘All Lives Matter’-ish stuff as well. Like RZA

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
fukking fakkit :mjlol:

you let a white man take a picture of you in black face :hhh:

we don't want to hear it :camby:
Drake actually said 'my best friend at the time.. FROM SUDAN'
:dead:

Homie was like 'NOW is the time to pull the 'I had a dark-skinned African as a best friend' card

YOU LIGHT-SKINNED nikka ain't missed a damn role because you 'black'.. FOH. This isn't going to go how he expected.
:camby: