Drake responds to the Blackface photos on IG story

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Slaves were lynched... People are in here saying blackface is never acceptable on any level. So how can Nas get a pass for wanting to hang another black man on stage for the world.
Being lynched is worse than dressing up in blackface.

I just want people to keep the same energy all around.. If nikkas on some black power shyt dont be selective...
I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with Drake In Blackface?
:jbhmm:
We can't rewind to 2001. These pics were recently discovered.
Stay within subject parameters.:mjgrin:

Preach Jackson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
somewhere in southside
Slaves were lynched... People are in here saying blackface is never acceptable on any level. So how can Nas get a pass for wanting to hang another black man on stage for the world.
Being lynched is worse than dressing up in blackface.

I just want people to keep the same energy all around.. If nikkas on some black power shyt dont be selective...

I feel you on nikkas being selective but idk who gave Nas a pass for that. The nas stans maybe, Hot 97 stopped the whole summer jam performance from happening. Lynching and blackface isn’t acceptable in any form.

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
215px-Bamboozled-2000-posterimg.jpg
220px-Hollwood_Shuffle_DVD.jpg

("Bambozzled" and "Hollywood Shuffle" are two films that deal with racism and white supremacy in the Film and Television industry)

I see people mentioning these two films to defend Drake but that's a False Equivalency. Spike Lee and Robert Towsend were both in the Middle of an On-Going Battle Black Americans had with Hollywood, racism and White Supremacy in the Entertainment Industry. They did these films to bring awareness to what Black People have gone through with stereotypes and issues in America on television and film. They are both Black American and have a cultural connection to what they are talking about. Drake does not have that cultural connection. Jim Crow and Black Face are specific to the Black American Experience. I have no issue with my Black Brothers and Sisters from other countries and yes I know you all deal with racism in different forms. I do have a problem when you use American Black History and you haven't done your research or you act like you understand it better than Black Americans who actually lived it.

American Racism is it's own form of Racism, it's unique. Dealing with Racism in other countries doesn't mean your equipt to understand the dynamics of American Racism. Drake does not speak on Race issues and even did interviews talking about not experience racism until he came to America. His statement didn't apologize for the Photo, he double down so it felt more like spin and damage control saying it's "Art". No, what Robert and Spike did was Art. I don't know what the hell Drake was doing. Also some of ya'll loved using that "Twitter Fingers" sh!t on Meek. Well now your boy got "IG Diary Story Fingers". Pusha got this dude writing out explanations. SMH. Why did they try to scrub the images off the internet? Why didn't he just release the photo himself years ago and explain himself? He only doing this because he got caught and Pusha aired him out. Oh it's a "Circus" now but not when you was posting invoices? LOL
Dap+Rep and a mufukkin SALUTE :salute::salute::salute::myman:

Anyone tryna compare Drake to Certified, Bona Fide, Black American Artists with a Capital A, come get these negs :birdman::ufdup::ufdup:

Top quality post breh. :wow:

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas didn't decide he Wasnt going to do it... The event wouldn't let him.

No excuses.. I just want nikkas to say the same thing when it pertains to people they like Lol. I love Nas... Someone also posted a Beyoncé black face in here and people ignored the pic.

Hangings aren’t exclusive to black people then or now...blackface was and is.

Pimpdaddy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#GMB
Lets keep it 100 ...because this is what wrong with the black community

Blackface has and will always be controversial. I personally think you should stay away from it.

Pusha said on the radio he wants answers regarding it...he and the rest of the world got an answer...but you dont care..:snoop:

Now of course it will be used in a diss because the context does not matter...perception is everything.....

So does that mean Pusha's diss was predicated on mis-information or fake news as we say these days?:dame:
negged

Pimpdaddy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#GMB
Just because we want answers don't mean we'll settle for lies. Where's the Sudanese homie picture on the photogs website? Where's the project? Why the internet scrub of the pic? Now he trying to use the soft spot in black people's heart regarding the struggle as his scapegoat regarding these pics when we all know its nothing more than a mistake made while being provocative during a photo shoot.
repped