Drake responds to the Blackface photos on IG story

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
215px-Bamboozled-2000-posterimg.jpg
220px-Hollwood_Shuffle_DVD.jpg

("Bambozzled" and "Hollywood Shuffle" are two films that deal with racism and white supremacy in the Film and Television industry)

I see people mentioning these two films to defend Drake but that's a False Equivalency. Spike Lee and Robert Towsend were both in the Middle of an On-Going Battle Black Americans had with Hollywood, racism and White Supremacy in the Entertainment Industry. They did these films to bring awareness to what Black People have gone through with stereotypes and issues in America on television and film. They are both Black American and have a cultural connection to what they are talking about. Drake does not have that cultural connection. Jim Crow and Black Face are specific to the Black American Experience. I have no issue with my Black Brothers and Sisters from other countries and yes I know you all deal with racism in different forms. I do have a problem when you use American Black History and you haven't done your research or you act like you understand it better than Black Americans who actually lived it.

American Racism is it's own form of Racism, it's unique. Dealing with Racism in other countries doesn't mean your equipt to understand the dynamics of American Racism. Drake does not speak on Race issues and even did interviews talking about not experience racism until he came to America. His statement didn't apologize for the Photo, he double down so it felt more like spin and damage control saying it's "Art". No, what Robert and Spike did was Art. I don't know what the hell Drake was doing. Also some of ya'll loved using that "Twitter Fingers" sh!t on Meek. Well now your boy got "IG Diary Story Fingers". Pusha got this dude writing out explanations. SMH. Why did they try to scrub the images off the internet? Why didn't he just release the photo himself years ago and explain himself? He only doing this because he got caught and Pusha aired him out. Oh it's a "Circus" now but not when you was posting invoices? LOL.

I owe you rep

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
:francis: Reminds me of when nikkas at work thought I was British when I grew up in NC.

("Bambozzled" and "Hollywood Shuffle" are two films that deal with racism and white supremacy in the Film and Television industry)

I see people mentioning these two films to defend Drake but that's a False Equivalency. Spike Lee and Robert Towsend were both in the Middle of an On-Going Battle Black Americans had with Hollywood, racism and White Supremacy in the Entertainment Industry. They did these films to bring awareness to what Black People have gone through with stereotypes and issues in America on television and film. They are both Black American and have a cultural connection to what they are talking about. Drake does not have that cultural connection. Jim Crow and Black Face are specific to the Black American Experience. I have no issue with my Black Brothers and Sisters from other countries and yes I know you all deal with racism in different forms. I do have a problem when you use American Black History and you haven't done your research or you act like you understand it better than Black Americans who actually lived it.

American Racism is it's own form of Racism, it's unique. Dealing with Racism in other countries doesn't mean your equipt to understand the dynamics of American Racism. Drake does not speak on Race issues and even did interviews talking about not experience racism until he came to America. His statement didn't apologize for the Photo, he double down so it felt more like spin and damage control saying it's "Art". No, what Robert and Spike did was Art. I don't know what the hell Drake was doing. Also some of ya'll loved using that "Twitter Fingers" sh!t on Meek. Well now your boy got "IG Diary Story Fingers". Pusha got this dude writing out explanations. SMH. Why did they try to scrub the images off the internet? Why didn't he just release the photo himself years ago and explain himself? He only doing this because he got caught and Pusha aired him out. Oh it's a "Circus" now but not when you was posting invoices? LOL.

:wow:

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
"Drake" is the project. He's method acting, spoofing African American lifestyles, playing different stereotypes at different times. We have seen the safe nerdy happy non-threatening Black man, the high school jock/ladies man Black man, the turnt up trap influenced paper chasing Black man, the cultured foreign/Jamaican/British Black man, and many more to come. Hes not wave hopping, he's method acting. Its one of the greatest artistic performances of our lifetime and we may never see anything like it again

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
"Drake" is the project. He's method acting, spoofing African American lifestyles, playing different stereotypes at different times. We have seen the safe nerdy happy non-threatening Black man, the high school jock/ladies man Black man, the turnt up trap influenced paper chasing Black man, the cultured foreign/Jamaican/British Black man, and many more to come. Hes not wave hopping, he's method acting. Its one of the greatest artistic performances of our lifetime and we may never see anything like it again

Preach Jackson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
somewhere in southside

just in case the detractors missed it.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
What I wonder is if people sleep better by tricking themselves into believing things like Trump stans or is this just ordinary forum trolling :jbhmm:

Pusha spread some gossip and lies, which everyone has said was something other than what Push said. It was raw comedy, but let’s not discuss this in a serious manner if you don’t want to hear serious facts. It’s like discussing Ether with a serious tone and then not wanting to hear everyone saying that Jay’s a straight married man.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
There's no way Drake had that album or even Little Brother as a group that high on his inspiration list. Gonna need to see receipts to believe that.
Actually Drake dedicated a BMI award to Phonte and has said Phonte is his favorite rapper numerous times.

BTW I've been riding against Drake in this thread, but Little Brother were my people, and Phonte especially deserves the props, and as many people as I can let know that Drake was influenced by him and LB, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Phonte Speaks On Drake Dedicating His BMI Award To Him

Drake list Phonte in his Top 5 Emcees.

9th Wonder Says Drake owns his success to Phonte | Genius

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
There's no way Drake had that album or even Little Brother as a group that high on his inspiration list. Gonna need to see receipts to believe that.

Actually Drake dedicated a BMI award to Phonte and has said Phonte is his favorite rapper numerous times.

BTW I've been riding against Drake in this thread, but Little Brother were my people, and Phonte especially deserves the props, and as many people as I can let know that Drake was influenced by him and LB, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Phonte Speaks On Drake Dedicating His BMI Award To Him

Drake list Phonte in his Top 5 Emcees.

9th Wonder Says Drake owns his success to Phonte | Genius

Drake and Little Brother used to ride heavy back in the day, I remember. I used to love LB even tho Phonte has been on some fukk shyt as of late. This was when drake was still good.

‘Don’t You Have A Man’ was my shyt

Whyyyy you trying to be my girllll

Yet again... some of us do actually remember 2007 lol

With trey songz. They’re trying to spin it but some of us remember 2007 lol

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Perfectly stated.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Stop discussing people you know nothing about or at least do your googles before you do :gucci:

What up lil bruh.
What up slum ville.
I hope you know that y'all the reason I have fun still.

You've been in every Drake thread caping your ass off. :gucci: How much are they paying you?
And you are in every thread for free, what's worse :mjgrin: