Drake - For All the Dogs Scary Hour Edition (Discussion Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I really don’t think Drake or Kendrick give a fukk about that shyt anymore. Cole, Drake and Kendrick have been solidified as raps big 3 for the last 6-7 years now. Nobody’s changing their opinion on which order you have them in

Dunno man. When I see what Cole is doing and the pace he's going at, I get the impression that he's very much so interested in that shyt. And he's finally gotten to the point where people are naming him first instead of the automatic Kendrick nod that a lot of industry people used to go with. I think it matters to Drake too, who has flooded the market with albums and collected all types of achievements. The person I'm not sure it maters to is the guy who was in pole position: Kendrick. When I listen to that last album and some of the features he's done recently...I'm not really hearing a guy who is interested in proving he's the best or interested in rap. Even on the best tracks on that album...the flow is a little off, the bars are a little off, etc. And then when he does those Keem tracks it's this weird almost anti-bars thing, where he's on some Yachty shyt.

I'm a Kendrick stan so I look at this shyt different. I remember that Rap Radar interview where Drake talked about himself, Cole and Kendrick, and said he wanted to see who could maintain into the 2020s. That was in 2018 if I remember correctly. Obviously all three have had huge success in the 2020s so far. Plat albums, massive tours etc. But I'm just saying what's the Kendrick discourse if Cole drops an AOTY quality project next year. What's the discourse if we don't hear a new Kendrick album until 2025 or 2026, and it's another disappointment. I can def imagine how shyt could shift for people (not me).

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I could make the argument.
He took subtle shots at Kendrick.
The overly dedicated sample
The fact that he used ‘dedicated’ in a line.
KDot separating from TDE after they got him there
He also felt like Billboard been playing with numbers to make it fair for KDot
And Drake feeling like KDot stabbed him in the back after taking him on tour.

2nd half of that verse was to Ye

How did Billboard play with numbers to make anything fairer for Kendrick? He's put up crazy numbers regardless of Billboard rules and the sold out tours tell us the numbers are real. I can see the sample and "dedicated" thing I guess but still....he's talking about someone who asked for help multiple times for that Drizzy Drake boost and that's not Kendrick. Last time they had any connection was 2012. I'd get that argument in 2013/2014 during the beef when Kendrick was new in the game but you can't son him at this point. He's been around too long, taken too many Ws that bothered Drake, and he's still alive at the top of the game. I think Drake stans have more disdain for Kendrick than Drake does. Would Drake love a world where Kendrick was out here struggling to sell out House Of Blues clubs and dropping GKMC 3 or some shyt so he could send blatant subs and say look who isn't around anymore? Sure. But shyt didn't go that way so...that's why I don't think Drake is looking at it like that. He took Kendrick on tour in 2011, fine whatever. It's 2023 and breh's tour last year did 115mil. The shoe don't fit anymore.

BUT....it sure as hell fits Meek. It might fit Baby, if we really want to get into some shyt lol.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Im feeling it so far. He’s onto something when he says he’s in the same mode as IYRTMITL. This might be my favorite Drake project since that. I actually I feel like I’m one of the few ppl that liked more life

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Drake ended Joe’s musical career and he just ended his podcast career with “The Shoe Fits” :picard: The last verse about Tahiry leaving him in the dust for James Harden

Joe can’t even respond :bryan:

That was about as direct as it gets. He was in that 4pm in Calabasas bag like when he sent Puffy on his downward spiral

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Drake ended Joe’s musical career and he just ended his podcast career with “The Shoe Fits” :picard: The last verse about Tahiry leaving him in the dust for James Harden

That was about as direct as it gets. He was in that 4pm in Calabasas bag like when he sent Puffy on his downward spiral
Tahiry never dated James Harden :heh: You reaching

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

Joe’s response would be that he motivated him to put these 6 songs out, and that if he never criticized the previous album, we never would have gotten these songs, which is 100% true. Whenever that next JBP comes out, I guarantee you that’s what Joe Budden will proudly say.