Drake - For All the Dogs Scary Hour Edition (Discussion Thread)

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Conductor Williams is currently the best producer in the game. His production has that grit and soul to it.

head-nod-nodding-head.gif

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've never liked anything about drake, ever. Think almost all his shyt sounds herbed out, phony, and gay.

These bonus songs all sounded really good to me (except the one with that gay ass you broke my heart chorus)

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
Times was hard, I watched my mama robbin' hard just to get Peter paid
And now my paper folded like when teachers don't want classmates to see your grade
Time is speedin' now, I see the greys pokin' out this beard, but it's weird 'cause I feel like I ain't even age (Yeah)

Y'all seize the rage, feet firmly planted for these precious flowers I've been handed, watch me be the vase

At the top, playin' keeper way with the crown

Our life's an open book, come and read a page Drake pulled a white bytch that's goin' both ways, she like the queen of spades
I'm startin' to think they percs is fake, they weed is laced
For thinkin' it's a game, if it's a game, these streets would be the Bushido's blade
Razor to his face and he ain't need a shave
I stay out of beef, see nikkas' DNA get rearrangedI'm with Drizzy in Atlanta,
so many hitters with that nikka, they could be the Braves
Young angel goin' through his demon phase
Hard to blame 'em, Lord knows this game could be depraved

giphy.gif

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
More like what era did you grow up in :beli: . Control is the only song in recent memory where names have been explicitly said.

Drake is doing nothing different from what others have been doing before.
Control wasn't really a diss track, this a soft era.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Times was hard, I watched my mama robbin' hard just to get Peter paid
And now my paper folded like when teachers don't want classmates to see your grade
Time is speedin' now, I see the greys pokin' out this beard, but it's weird 'cause I feel like I ain't even age (Yeah)

Y'all seize the rage, feet firmly planted for these precious flowers I've been handed, watch me be the vase

At the top, playin' keeper way with the crown

Our life's an open book, come and read a page Drake pulled a white bytch that's goin' both ways, she like the queen of spades
I'm startin' to think they percs is fake, they weed is laced
For thinkin' it's a game, if it's a game, these streets would be the Bushido's blade
Razor to his face and he ain't need a shave
I stay out of beef, see nikkas' DNA get rearrangedI'm with Drizzy in Atlanta,
so many hitters with that nikka, they could be the Braves
Young angel goin' through his demon phase
Hard to blame 'em, Lord knows this game could be depraved

giphy.gif

The line is robbing Paul to get Peter paid.

A play off the phrase "rob Peter to pay Paul"

7evens

All Star
Daps
shots at K Dot on the first verse of red button :whoo:
The same sample was used on Kendrick’s overly dedicated

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Virginia beach lol he begging Push to come out and play wtf

There’s no hidden kid to expose or sick producers to clown anymore, Drake mom and dad divorce can’t be milked. Drake been taking direct shots for years. Pusha just has no more content to go with.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
shots at K Dot on the first verse of red button :whoo:
The same sample was used on Kendrick’s overly dedicated

Doubt it because he said every time you need me for a boost I never hesitated., which doesn't apply to Kendrick. I don't think it's shots at Meek but it fits him way better. I'm not really seeing any Kdot shots on any recent Drake shyt and given that Drake went to both of Kendrick's shows in Toronto last year I assume they cool. Doesn't mean they won't snipe at each other but still...I don't see it on here, and I don't see any Drake snipes on Kendrick's last album.

I think Drake's approach to Kendrick is more about public opinion and positioning. His tour just surpassed Kendrick's for instance, bumping him down to #2 on the biggest rapper tour ever list. I don't think it's a coincidence that Drake got Cole out here on multiple collabs and an upcoming tour right now either, when the industry has had rumors about a Kendrick/Keem collab album coming before the end of the year. It's smart and frankly I got a feeling imma be eating some Ls soon. Drake and Cole out here trading bars. Granted I'm less of a fan of Evil Ways than 1st Person Shooter but the point is they outside and rapping for real. What's a Kendrick/Keem album gonna sound like? I got a feeling it'll be more of those trivial troll raps with those nikkas trading wack bars, going viral and having fun. The contrast between that and what Drake/Cole are doing would be devastating, and Drake knows it. So yea...I pray to god they scrapped that shyt or else I'm gonna be taking my PTO and heading somewhere where there's no wifi so @CrimsonTider isn't on my ass.
:francis:

7evens

All Star
Daps
Doubt it because he said every time you need me for a boost I never hesitated., which doesn't apply to Kendrick. I don't think it's shots at Meek but it fits him way better. I'm not really seeing any Kdot shots on any recent Drake shyt and given that Drake went to both of Kendrick's shows in Toronto last year I assume they cool. Doesn't mean they won't snipe at each other but still...I don't see it on here, and I don't see any Drake snipes on Kendrick's last album.

I think Drake's approach to Kendrick is more about public opinion and positioning. His tour just surpassed Kendrick's for instance, bumping him down to #2 on the biggest rapper tour ever list. I don't think it's a coincidence that Drake got Cole out here on multiple collabs and an upcoming tour right now either, when the industry has had rumors about a Kendrick/Keem collab album coming before the end of the year. It's smart and frankly I got a feeling imma be eating some Ls soon. Drake and Cole out here trading bars. Granted I'm less of a fan of Evil Ways than 1st Person Shooter but the point is they outside and rapping for real. What's a Kendrick/Keem album gonna sound like? I got a feeling it'll be more of those trivial troll raps with those nikkas trading wack bars, going viral and having fun. The contrast between that and what Drake/Cole are doing would be devastating, and Drake knows it. So yea...I pray to god they scrapped that shyt or else I'm gonna be taking my PTO and heading somewhere where there's no wifi so @CrimsonTider isn't on my ass.

I could make the argument.
He took subtle shots at Kendrick.
The overly dedicated sample
The fact that he used ‘dedicated’ in a line.
KDot separating from TDE after they got him there
He also felt like Billboard been playing with numbers to make it fair for KDot
And Drake feeling like KDot stabbed him in the back after taking him on tour.

2nd half of that verse was to Ye

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California

I really don’t think Drake or Kendrick give a fukk about that shyt anymore. Cole, Drake and Kendrick have been solidified as raps big 3 for the last 6-7 years now. Nobody’s changing their opinion on which order you have them in