Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I think once you accept that heā€™s Nelly and not going the suburban Hov you canā€™t be mad at him.
This would be true if people didnā€™t actually elevate Drake lyrically and place him alongside other legends in rap. Nobody has ever placed Nelly in that stratosphere other than with sales.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
This would be true if people didnā€™t actually elevate Drake lyrically and place him alongside other legends in rap. Nobody has ever placed Nelly in that stratosphere other than with sales.
Thatā€™s the point, people stopped listening to him tell you himself in his raps and interviews he wasnā€™t that guy.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Now that Iā€™ve really sat with this album. This shyt is STILL trash :hhh:

The problem with this album is that itā€™s just a collection of songs. The sequencing on this is just abysmal. Itā€™s borderline not meant to be listened to in any order. Itā€™s legit playlist music. You can deadass put this shyt on shuffle and you wonā€™t be able to tell the difference.

This album just feels like he had a quota to achieve. Like he had bullet points to hit so he makes sure he covers all aspects so itā€™s guaranteed he gets as much play as possible. Even if one record donā€™t work, he knows at least 1 or 2 tracks will make you want to come back and listen to it again.

I know itā€™s been this way for the past few albums, but you can REALLY tell on this one.

The Yeat and Bad Bunny records are only on this album to attract their fan base and get him a top charting record. Itā€™s damn near pandering and he showed no shame in it. Especially on the Bad Bunny record :scust:

On the flip side, there ARE good tracks on here. I would say that if you would trim off the fat and sequence it the right way. You would have a good to decent album for Drake standards.

But instead you just have this :snoop:

It is what it is at this point, but itā€™s a damn shame and damn near frustrating because you KNOW he is better than this. But instead he feels he needs to chase the charts instead of being a better artist.

He put more effort into ā€œScorpionā€ than this. And I thought ā€œScorpionā€ was trash.

This shyt is a damn shameā€¦:beli:

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Outside maybe 3 tracks, this shyt ain't it at all. But I see this album killing the charts so I doubt Drake even cares at this point.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Now that Iā€™ve really sat with this album. This shyt is STILL trash :hhh:

The problem with this album is that itā€™s just a collection of songs. The sequencing on this is just abysmal. Itā€™s borderline not meant to be listened to in any order. Itā€™s legit playlist music. You can deadass put this shyt on shuffle and you wonā€™t be able to tell the difference.

This album just feels like he had a quota to achieve. Like he had bullet points to hit so he makes sure he covers all aspects so itā€™s guaranteed he gets as much play as possible. Even if one record donā€™t work, he knows at least 1 or 2 tracks will make you want to come back and listen to it again.

I know itā€™s been this way for the past few albums, but you can REALLY tell on this one.

The Yeat and Bad Bunny records are only on this album to attract their fan base and get him a top charting record. Itā€™s damn near pandering and he showed no shame in it. Especially on the Bad Bunny record :scust:

On the flip side, there ARE good tracks on here. I would say that if you would trim off the fat and sequence it the right way. You would have a good to decent album for Drake standards.

But instead you just have this :snoop:

It is what it is at this point, but itā€™s a damn shame and damn near frustrating because you KNOW he is better than this. But instead he feels he needs to chase the charts instead of being a better artist.

He put more effort into ā€œScorpionā€ than this. And I thought ā€œScorpionā€ was trash.

This shyt is a damn shameā€¦:beli:
Iā€™ve long accepted the fact that Drake no longer cares to make albums to play in vinyls and CDs, his intention is for his fans to listen to his music in the digital era of playlist and streaming. The B.A.R.K. Radio couldā€™ve been the theme/concept of the album that couldā€™ve been flushed out properly.

But honestly i really like the album even if itā€™s his most rnB ish album

Last edited:

Sniper

All Star
Daps
"For All The bytches".

That's the name and theme of the album.

The album was Drake speaking on the women he's dealt with, relationships he's had and all the issues that he's had with them.

Everyone thought "The Dogs" was gonna be an album of him straight rapping and were wrong. So they were disappointed when listening to the album.

The album's dope once you hear and know who and what he's talking about.