Drake deal

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Let's see ...

Drake got a $2 million advance (which Thank Me Later probably paid off quick as hell). All of his publishing rights, and only pays 25% of his sales to the label as his distribution fee.

"I actually signed directly to my managers Cortez Bryant and Gee Roberson," Drake explained. "And we signed a joint venture with Young Money which is Lil Wayne's company.

He has his masters and basically all these companies do is distribute his music. His deal probably looks a million times better than Pusha's. As a fan of both, I don't see where the hate on Drake is coming from.

• Dap
Reactions: dre

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Let's see ...

Drake got a $2 million advance (which Thank Me Later probably paid off quick as hell). All of his publishing rights, and only pays 25% of his sales to the label as his distribution fee.

"I actually signed directly to my managers Cortez Bryant and Gee Roberson," Drake explained. "And we signed a joint venture with Young Money which is Lil Wayne's company.

He has his masters and basically all these companies do is distribute his music. His deal probably looks a million times better than Pusha's. As a fan of both, I don't see where the hate on Drake is coming from.

He signed to two nikkas who signed to another two nikkas who are signed by some more nikkas

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
He signed to two nikkas who signed to another two nikkas who are signed by some more nikkas

Yah.

A distribution deal. I just don't see how Pusha can clown him, not like this nikka signed a 360 Deal. Drake has his own tour and everything, Pusha opened up for Future.

But the line fits, sure.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Let's see ...

HipHop Since 1978 gets a cut, Wayne gets a cut, Baby and Slim get a cut, Universal gets a cut, J Prince was executive producer on Thank Me Later, so he got a cut...

So I don't know if I believe that. 50 Cent only got a $1 million advance at pretty much the height of the record industry. I've read that Def Jam spent $3 million on MBDTF, an album from an artist who had proven himself as a platinum seller four times(and it was way over budget). So for a label to give someone who hadnt proven anything that kind of an advance in this fukked up economy makes me a little skeptical.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Yah.

A distribution deal. I just don't see how Pusha can clown him, not like this nikka signed a 360 Deal. Drake has his own tour and everything, Pusha opened up for Future.

But the line fits, sure.

Yea Im not going act like I know the industry but like you said, the line fits.