"Drake couldn't exist if Big & Pac was around, would have him for lunch" - Shyne

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pac and BIG are obviously two GOAT's but these old nikkas need to stop with the "if Pac and Big were still around..." I've been hearing this shyt ever since they died, about how basically nobody but them would be popular in the rap game 20 years later if they were still here to run shyt. Heard that shyt about Ja Rule, DMX, Kanye, etc. Basically every rapper that has come up in the last 19 years wouldn't have made it if they were still alive :dwillhuh:

People's tastes change over time. You think all these young people who fukk with Drake wouldn't care about him because they would be worshipping a 44 year old 2Pac instead? :dahell:

It's impossible to tell what Pac and Big would be doing now.. as easily as they could still be running the game, they could just as easily be on Snoop Dogg/Mase irrelevant status. Drake would be big regardless.

No he wouldn't

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i get what you trynna say, but his love for the music, the culture is authentic. he always showed respect, was knowledgeable of the music and listened to the same guys we all love and fukk wit (nas, jay,big, outkast, even underground cats like little brother) and the guy makes good music. otherwise the nikka wouldn't be able to sell millions of records like he does and be in the position that he is in now. he wouldn't be able to exist back then in the 90s early 2000s with the pac, biggies, etc. but he's able to fit in now, this is his era. those guys made their marks, but so is drake right now. it's just a different time, people need to accept that.

notice how people say they dont fukk with who drake is but they never front on his music. most be on some, i dont fukk wit drake but he make hot music. and i bet if the nikka reached out they would work with him.

it aint like he frontin on some rick ross shyt (who i fukks with btw). saying he knows noreaga and sellin bricks off his iphone. so i dont get the hate on that part, nikka drake knows his lane and he stays in it. never seen the nikka talking about guns or flashing guns in his video, duffle bag full of bricks lol. to attack his music cuz you dont like it, thats cool. but to attack his character and trying to tell people that he frontin trynna be something he's not, when he's clearly not doing that, that's mad hateful. i don't get that, that's not real nikka shyt.

some of yall be acting like these 90s nikkaz was the realest nikkaz on earth spittin 100% facts, when nikkaz from that era been saying that nikkaz wasnt as live as they was clamin to be. the difference is, is that back then there was no worldstar,twitter,instagram,youtube,forums, etc. now we have that so information is more accesible and alot harder to get away with shyt.

but at the end of the day, this shyt is entertainment, it's music. we love it, and we need to take it as that.

what shyne said, thats a fair statement. but what is the point of that statement? nobody's saying that drake woulda been the illest nikka in the 90s. it's different times. the nikka is doing it right now. it is what it is, keep it movin, focus on ya own shyt, and make hot music.

Drakes music is wack

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
20r67wh.gif

how would Drake have handled this situation?

shyne woulda probably clapped that mascot on some "you disrespectin me b" shyt, :lolbron:, these rap nikkas man

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
didn't drake debut in 08-09?

wouldn't Pac and Biggie be old and almost irrelevant by then? either that or they would have learned to live with the "Kanye"-era and they just wouldn't care by then

biggie probably, 2pac doubtful. He had an acting career that was flourishing.