Drake and Yatchy violate gospel rapper

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I compared it to mixtapes, not Cube. Clue, Flex, Kay Slay, etc all used to get records that the label couldn't clear for a variety of reasons (including explicit content over samples from religious artists). And yea I mentioned white people because they're the main ones pimping this story on Twitter...and because they have been fans of rap for a couple years I understand why they're ignorant. But what excuse does the Coli have?

No, they didn't take advantage of him. You understand this leak lives and dies on youtube right? It can't be released officially. It's a meaningless throwaway from someone trying to extend their clout with Drake. The only times leaked songs take advantage of someone is when it's a cleared track that comes out before it's supposed to, or an unfinished demo of something that was going to be release. That's the type of shyt that harms careers. This? No.
The mixtape era was in the Wild West era of the music industry when Napster reigned. I don’t look back at that era with any admiration. This all comes down to getting samples cleared. It not only shows respect for the original artists but also helps you dodge legal headaches later on. Using samples without permission can cause untold problems and hurt the music industry overall. So, artists really need to tread carefully here. The use of unauthorized sampling can damage relationships with labels and producers, and harm the original artist's reputation. Instead of generating positive buzz, such leaks can create unnecessary complications and distract from the original artist's already released work - like in this instance right now. Drake and Yachty should respect this man’s creation and follow proper channels to maintain the integrity and professionalism of their craft. Wait I just said professional and Drake in the same sentence - my bad.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This song

was sampled and used in a song called SuperSoaker

Which is a song about WAP

The artist mr_hotspot asked them to clean it up and he’d give them the rights …

So instead of clearing it they released it anyway via Kai Cenat

Both of them are culpable because they’re both on the song …

Foul

Drake is still ouchea being a scumbag

I’m hoping Kendrick sends another kill shot

Yatchy leaked the song... let's keep shyt accurate

you said both a culpable but called Drake the scumbag and others call him a colonized but Yachty put the song out :skip:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The mixtape era was in the Wild West era of the music industry when Napster reigned. I don’t look back at that era with any admiration. This all comes down to getting samples cleared. It not only shows respect for the original artists but also helps you dodge legal headaches later on. Using samples without permission can cause untold problems and hurt the music industry overall. So, artists really need to tread carefully here. The use of unauthorized sampling can damage relationships with labels and producers, and harm the original artist's reputation. Instead of generating positive buzz, such leaks can create unnecessary complications and distract from the original artist's already released work - like in this instance right now. Drake and Yachty should respect this man’s creation and follow proper channels to maintain the integrity and professionalism of their craft. Wait I just said professional and Drake in the same sentence - my bad.

None of this is true. There are no legal ramifications, the song was leaked online. It's not being sold or performed, the producer isn't being paid, no money is exchanging. Nor does the label care; if anything they prob want more leaks right now to gauge the temperature after the battle. Yachty or someone in his camp probably produced it, so producer relationships aren't a factor either. You're gonna have to explain how this hurt's the artist's reputation given that it's clearly a leak/unofficial release he had nothing to do with. If you want to say he may be annoyed fine, whatever.

Super weird attempt to turn this into something it's not and I'm not gonna let you spread misinformation on this. It's not a big deal, who fukking cares.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
None of this is true. There are no legal ramifications, the song was leaked online. It's not being sold or performed, the producer isn't being paid, no money is exchanging. Nor does the label care; if anything they prob want more leaks right now to gauge the temperature after the battle. Yachty or someone in his camp probably produced it, so producer relationships aren't a factor either. You're gonna have to explain how this hurt's the artist's reputation given that it's clearly a leak/unofficial release he had nothing to do with. If you want to say he may be annoyed fine, whatever.

Super weird attempt to turn this into something it's not and I'm not gonna let you spread misinformation on this. It's not a big deal, who fukking cares.

Oh it’s so Super Weird

Stop it with the fake

“I am hip hop and I say what’s ok” bullshyt

“Oh yeah this is about gospel” foh

:mjlol:

This is about scumbbaggery getting a pass

:aicmon:

It’s diabolical to compare what Aubrey and his boyfriend did to Clue Mix Tapes

But tell you what - I’ll let you rock

We can’t even be honest up in here

That’s really what’s super weird

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
This is a non issue tbh. I remember when this Lil Wayne song couldnt get cleared for the same reasons. No one cared that it was “leaked”. OP is either biased or making things up lol.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
A tiny hat and a new black moving funny
Say it ain’t so :skip:
Of course the kufi wearing nikkas by night call this a vibe:dead:
Watch those same posters be rah rah in a Trump thread though
Piss colored weird nikka running the same plays as that orange bytch
But only one gets glazed out of this world
Make it make sense weird nikka who was on your therapist couch crying about Aubrey:mjgrin: :Kd: :deadrose:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South

Wild Wild West? Lol. And how are you a hip hop fan and dont admire the music that was dropped back then? 2008-2014 was one of the best eras in rap, purely off mixtapes THAT NO ONE COMPLAINED ABOUT. This reads like an AI generated post :camby:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Joe Budden making it sound like this is some A-level song that had to get released. This shyt is trash. :scust:

Ol boy should sue because his sample/song is now attached to this garbage. :scust:

It’s been evident for a while that yall really gotta have some humility and just sit shyt out sometimes :pachaha: Goodness. A hit does not = what you personally like. Yall would be TERRIBLE A&R’s.

Yea, this song is a hit it’s already beloved on youtube/tiktok. Drake is desperate for a hit that’s why he attaches to samples or songs that would be hits with or without him, ie You My everything. Another song the Coli said is garbage. I knew off 1 listen it was a banger and now it’s played ad nasuem

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
A tiny hat and a new black moving funny
Say it ain’t so :skip:
Of course the kufi wearing nikkas by night call this a vibe:dead:
Watch those same posters be rah rah in a Trump thread though
Piss colored weird nikka running the same plays as that orange bytch
But only one gets glazed out of this world
Make it make sense weird nikka who was on your therapist couch crying about Aubrey:mjgrin: :Kd: :deadrose:
You moving like a whole bitter bytch with the sneak dissing. @ a nikka next time. Pxssy