Drake and Yatchy violate gospel rapper

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Does it? Nobody thought this in the 90s or early 00s when all types of wild records ended up on mixtapes because a sample couldn't be cleared due to language/content.
Just because it happened back then doesn’t make it right or mean that it should still happen now.

If you ask someone for permission to do or use something, they tell you no and you still do it anyways, it’s frowned upon in other walks of life and music shouldn’t the the exception to that.

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
Joe Budden making it sound like this is some A-level song that had to get released. This shyt is trash. :scust:

Ol boy should sue because his sample/song is now attached to this garbage. :scust:
Him & Ray Daniels was on there tryna justify doing fukk shyt to nikkas in the name of a hit. These dudes are so used to fukkin nikkas over that they think it’s something other artists should just accept.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: TEH

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Since when is it bad for someone to leak a song that couldn't get cleared? The song was not officially released, you'll never hear it anywhere outside, why is this a problem?
Does it? Nobody thought this in the 90s or early 00s when all types of wild records ended up on mixtapes because a sample couldn't be cleared due to language/content.

Different day and age + context. This is two superstars being a dikk to a smaller unknown artist when they have the time resources and bodies to use different tracks

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Different day and age + context. This is two superstars being a dikk to a smaller unknown artist when they have the time resources and bodies to use different tracks

Again I ask why is this an issue, and also how is the context any different from the many other times this happened without anyone caring. You will never hear it on the radio, Drake won't make a dime from it, it will never be performed live so....what's the issue? Yachty leaked a song on the internet....who cares.

Everyone knows I don't fukk with Drake and am a Kendrick stan but uhhh.....I don't get the complaints over this at all, especially from hip hop fans. The white boy Kendrick fans on twitter complaining about this...I get that, since they don't know better. But most of us here are familiar with DJ Clue tapes, Flex, etc lol. Not to mention the Good Friday releases from Kanye, or some of the leaked Cole tracks we got a decade ago that couldn't get cleared, or Cartoons & Cereal from Kendrick, etc.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Again I ask why is this an issue, and also how is the context any different from the many other times this happened without anyone caring. You will never hear it on the radio, Drake won't make a dime from it, it will never be performed live so....what's the issue? Yachty leaked a song on the internet....who cares.

Everyone knows I don't fukk with Drake and am a Kendrick stan but uhhh.....I don't get the complaints over this at all, especially from hip hop fans. The white boy Kendrick fans on twitter complaining about this...I get that, since they don't know better. But most of us here are familiar with DJ Clue tapes, Flex, etc lol. Not to mention the Good Friday releases from Kanye, or some of the leaked Cole tracks we got a decade ago that couldn't get cleared, or Cartoons & Cereal from Kendrick, etc.
Are you comparing this to mix tapes??

:skip:

So Drake and Yatchy are Ice Cube jacking for beats now?

Are you saying that only white people are complaining about this incident?

Are you implying that two of the biggest rappers in the world didn’t take advantage of this young man by releasing the song?

Wow

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Are you comparing this to mix tapes??

So Drake and Yatchy are Ice Cube jacking for beats now?

Are you saying that only white people are complaining about this incident?

Are you implying that two of the biggest rappers in the world didn’t take advantage of this young man by releasing the song?

Wow

I compared it to mixtapes, not Cube. Clue, Flex, Kay Slay, etc all used to get records that the label couldn't clear for a variety of reasons (including explicit content over samples from religious artists). And yea I mentioned white people because they're the main ones pimping this story on Twitter...and because they have been fans of rap for a couple years I understand why they're ignorant. But what excuse does the Coli have?

No, they didn't take advantage of him. You understand this leak lives and dies on youtube right? It can't be released officially. It's a meaningless throwaway from someone trying to extend their clout with Drake. The only times leaked songs take advantage of someone is when it's a cleared track that comes out before it's supposed to, or an unfinished demo of something that was going to be release. That's the type of shyt that harms careers. This? No.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Freaky ass nikka he a 69 god
Hay hay hay hay

running-away-jenifa.gif

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

Man idk what to tell you, people are looking at this as them being dikks or bullies because they went out of their way to go against a smaller person's wishes

times have changed and so have people's sensibilities

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Man idk what to tell you, people are looking at this as them being dikks or bullies because they went out of their way to go against a smaller person's wishes

times have changed and so have people's sensibilities

Aite...whatever man. The song wasn't cleared for official release. So it was released unofficially. Who cares, this happens all the time in music.

I'm out. Dunno if it's just anti-Drake sentiment or the gospel angle but either way this is clearly not a hip hop conversation. Because actual hip hop fans familiar with hip hop wouldn't bat an eye at this shyt.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
He seemed to really emphasize the fact he wants any music having to do with him to be accessible to kids. Don't know much about him but this whole situation gives me the impression that he's a pretty positive and nice dude that just wants to respect his faith. Big respect for that to be honest.
he can't really respect his faith allowing a man who calls himself a six god to use his song under any circumstance. According to his faith, working with guys like drake and yachty, some nail painter might I add, would annoy the most high flagrantly.