Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

woof

Daps
Reppin
I agree with the feelings part, but GT and the movies are definitely not cannon, that's absolute
Before Super and even some of the re-editions this was true. The Toyotaro/Toei/Toriyama situation, with how there's contradictions across mediums and within mediums themselves, callbacks to things that used to not be canon while ignoring things that were, has pretty much made the whole "canon" concept pretty meaningless though.

DB can really be whatever works you want it to be now, so long as you accept there's no guarantee anything they put out going forward will fit in it and not everyone is going to see it your way.

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wanna watch this but I don't know if I can deal with Japanese voices and subtitles. How do you guys get past that?
shyt I can't stand the American voices and all the editing they did to the series when it first came over. I still have the raw japanese unedited versions with blood and Gohan going SSJ2 with the original music and scene. I still remember being pissed they fukked that scene up when it premiered on Toonami back then.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
shyt I can't stand the American voices and all the editing they did to the series when it first came over. I still have the raw japanese unedited versions with blood and Gohan going SSJ2 with the original music and scene. I still remember being pissed they fukked that scene up when it premiered on Toonami back then.

I grew up on the American version and I must say that the OG Japanese holds an entire different feel to it.

The scene you posted with it's melodic music, the bird spreading it's wings being a metaphor for Gohan growing up... :mjcry: it's beautiful. Goku's first super saiyan transformation as well.

I'd advise anyone to watch the Japanese version just to see the show from another perspective.

1/2 Man 1/2 Hennessy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Daps
Reppin
Seattle
I grew up on the American version and I must say that the OG Japanese holds an entire different feel to it.

The scene you posted with it's melodic music, the bird spreading it's wings being a metaphor for Gohan growing up... :mjcry: it's beautiful. Goku's first super saiyan transformation as well.

I'd advise anyone to watch the Japanese version just to see the show from another perspective.
But the GOAT scene was sponsored by that Toonami soundtrack for SS Vegeta:banderas:

1/2 Man 1/2 Hennessy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Daps
Reppin
Seattle
It's a subjective discussion but I prefer the simplicity of THIS version... Pure. No overbearing soundtrack. Only the moment.

Ehh idk bro. English dub always did DBZ justice to me in terms of music and voice acting (fukk ocean dub:mjlol:) but yeah Japanese always was lit with the blood and original animation and scenes

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I think I'm finally ready to give this a chance and start watching. Where are ya'll finding the episodes?? I can't find a legitimate source that has them all

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp

ive accepted the harsh realities that 2 integral parts of what made my dbz viewing experience so enjoyable in bruce falcouner and frieza's original voice actor won't be coming back a long time ago.. it is what it is

it helps that I actually enjoy supers score, kai and the original dbz japanese dub's scores were kinda trash imo, but supers is great