Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Honestly, I feel Beerus(and Whis) has finally grew on me from. his first introduction on BoG to his appearances on Super. I first thought dude was just a weird ass bunny rabbit that was gonna ruin the DB franchise with his unusual appearance and behavior of the typical DBZ villain. But he's turning out to be a more complete personality and down to earth out of all the Villains before him despite his job as God of Destruction.

I wish we could see Whis's true power though.

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
It's terrible and a lot of these cats try to rationalize the inconsistent shyt with their own head cannon. I really had nikkas try to tell me that Vegeta was holding back against Trunks. :dead:

Also if you flash back to the tournament.. We see Caba is able to fight Vegeta evenly in their base forms... How is that possible when Goku and Vegeta's base forms are suppose to be beyond ssj3 levels?:huh:

The only explanation for that is Cabba base form being stronger than average but I don't think Toei is smart enough to do that.

Ok peep how inconsistent this show is in a span of like 5 episodes:

We see base copy Vegeta toy with ssj3 Gotenks. Smacking him around and defeating him without transforming.
SSB copy Vegeta and SSB Goku fight evenly.
Goku transforms to test Trunks strength.. Trunks is only able to go ssj2. SSJ3 Goku knocks Trunks out with one blow.
2 episodes later Vegeta transforms into SSB.. Trunks is able to follow Vegeta's movements and dodge a strike and take several hits before being knocked out.
:snoop:
You do understand that that was a throw back when vegeta was training kid trunks. When he got trunks to go ssj for the first time, he's tying to get trunks to go ssjb

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
You do understand that that was a throw back when vegeta was training kid trunks. When he got trunks to go ssj for the first time, he's tying to get trunks to go ssjb

It does not matter what they were trying to pay homage to, you dope. You are completely missing the point.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Listen I fully understand some of the criticisms of the show. The first two arcs were pretty weak but I understood them. "Dragon Ball" had been off the air for almost 20 years. A whole new geneation had grown up with the show. They had to "Reintroduce" the gang back so they took those first two arcs kind of slow. So yes the movies did hurt the first two arcs because you are better off watching the movies than the arcs. The last two arcs have been very good with the Universe Tournament and Future Trucks Story: The Sequel. The filler episodes in this series have been good to me because they are showing the Z Fighters living normal lives while Earth is at peace. I've also enjoyed the nostaliga and new characters in "Super". I agree that Yes the Animation was suspect and patchy in certain episodes especially #5 but overall it's being overblown.

DB, Z and GT didn't have "Flawless" Animation every episode. Different Animators work on these shows so you are going to get different results. Yes overall DB and Z has the best animation of the entire franchise. I think "Super" is better than "GT" though I like SSJ4 over just the hair color transformations. I also liked seeing the whole gang deep into the future in "GT" as well as having Pan The Grand-Daughter of Goku and Daughter of Gohan lead the way. The Problem was the gimmick turning Goku young again. But again there was only 2 good Arc's in "GT" out of the 4. So I could see people saying "Super" and "GT" are basically in the same boat with DB and Z being the GOAT era of the franchise. But when "GT" ended, It felt more like a spin-off of the series. "Super" definitely feels like the true Sequel to "DB" and "Z".

Dragon Ball has been on air and in comic book stores with the manga since I was a kid in the 80's. This anime has been beloved and popular for 30 years man (TV shows, movies, merchendise, comics, video games, the whole 9). There are a lot of people watching Dragon Ball now who aren't even 20 let along 30. People are going to be watching this franchise for many decades to come long after it's off televsion. When you make something Iconic and Legendary it never grows old. So though "Super" has been far from perfect, as a life long fan I'm happy they brought back even if they stop it at 100 Episodes or before. The only thing missing from the franchise is a Blockbuster Live Action Trilogy because Akira can't go out on that "Evolution" Trash.

DB_Tank%C5%8Dbon.png
cover.jpg
MangaVolume27.gif

cover.jpg
latest
MV5BOTUyZjIzMmQtNmUxZi00YWVjLWFkMjMtN2MyODJjMDk3ZjhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjc2Nzg5OTQ@._V1_UY268_CR18,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Did they ever address why Lord Beerus decided to allow Frieza blow up planet Vegeta? Or know that Future Trunks is the original killer of Frieza?