Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
episode was rushed again and dudes already seems to be fighting the villain by the third episode, no tension, no build up, the writers are rushing through this series to the point everything feels cheap and inconsequential

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
episode was rushed again and dudes already seems to be fighting the villain by the third episode, no tension, no build up, the writers are rushing through this series to the point everything feels cheap and inconsequential
yea cld have left out black already getting there, at least train trunks and show his interaction with lil trunks (hearing about his future self's timeline might get him to train seriously and u know goten just does what he des so he wld train too)

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
:childplease:. You trippin breh. I dont see what you are seeing. I see the build up and tension already. The arc seems to be much bigger than just Black Goku.

Besides I like this straight to the point style. Much better than the regular format of a DBZ episode.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease:. You trippin breh. I dont see what you are seeing. I see the build up and tension already. The arc seems to be much bigger than just Black Goku.

Besides I like this straight to the point style. Much better than the regular format of a DBZ episode.

nah dbz had sagas, and watching them felt like a literal epic, this shyt feels like an abridged retelling of a already etablished series. It took like 25 episode for the main villain to appear in the Buu Saga, took like 40 for Frieza too finally get off his ass from his floating chair, the tim from radiate death to the arrival of the siayans was like thirty episode, this series has none of that, everything is thrown on your face by the second episode, no subplots, no proper escalation ,no nothing

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah dbz had sagas, and watching them felt like a literal epic, this shyt feels like an abridged retelling of a already etablished series. It took like 25 episode for the main villain to appear in the Buu Saga, took like 40 for Frieza too finally get off his ass from his floating chair, the tim from radiate death to the arrival of the siayans was like thirty episode, this series has none of that, everything is thrown on your face by the second episode, no subplots, no proper escalation ,no nothing
On Toonami, they showed DBZ everyday.. DBS is weekly.. i don't want to wait 4 months for Black to show up :dead:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps

Chill breh, Its only the third episode in and we don't even know whats the reasoning behind Goku being evil or the story on that green supreme kai looking dude. :whoa:. Still a whole lot of things to be answered.

They are doing a great job of catching people interests it seems too, judging by the majority of positive responses. The pacing seems great to me, not to slow and not too fast.

Also, the original DBZ had a lot of filler episodes:francis:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

Yeap. Man I really hate this series.
I'll say it again, I wish they would have let the manga cook for a year or two before making this anime. I'm not feeling dragon ball express.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chill breh, Its only the third episode in and we don't even know whats the reasoning behind Goku being evil or the story on that green supreme kai looking dude. :whoa:. Still a whole lot of things to be answered.

They are doing a great job of catching people interests it seems too, judging by the majority of positive responses. The pacing seems great to me, not to slow and not too fast.

Also, the original DBZ had a lot of filler episodes:francis:

they already set a precedent, they way they handled friezes revival is the best example of how Z and this show handles things, let that have ben an arc an Z when the show was still running, it would've been a memorable addition to the series, here it carried no significance or lasting appeal, nikkas already forgot, everything was half assed. The way they handled Piccolos death should tell you everything, a far cry from the impact it carried in the saiyan saga

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

5 star posting. Somebody who actually gets it.