Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
@LordDeathwatch negged me because i said demon slayer is generic :mjlol:

It is, fukkboi

Oh and Broly vs Vegeta >>>> Any fight in that generic anime too - stay mad:russell:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch negged me because i said demon slayer is generic :mjlol:

It is, fukkboi

Oh and Broly vs Vegeta >>>> Any fight in that generic anime too - stay mad:russell:
I've been watching anime and reading manga longer than you guaranteed, goofy ass. I know the impact & significance of the Dragonball franchise and I back Vegeta itt more than anyone outside the breh @Malik1time

You couldn't name 10 shows off the top of your dome outside DB & I don't argue with fools, so stay on topic.:umad:

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
I've been watching anime and reading manga longer than you guaranteed, goofy ass. I know the impact & significance of the Dragonball franchise and I back Vegeta itt more than anyone outside the breh @Malik1time

You couldn't name 10 shows off the top of your dome outside DB & I don't argue with fools, so stay on topic.:umad:
Nikka I've been watching anime since before it became popular on this continent. Most definitely before you.

Demon Slayer is trash. Most overrated anime of the decade, possibly of all time.

DragonBall should never be disrespected, i dont give a damn about if you think its run its course or not- it inspired your fav shyt.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
DragonBall should never be disrespected, i dont give a damn about if you think its run its course or not- it inspired your fav shyt.
My favorite shyt is Fist of the North Star and it predates Dragonball.:mjlol:

You a whole clown who can't tell the difference between a valid critique and "disrespect". DB has never been the penultimate in writing & that hasn't changed it's significance or impact, which I already said.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.

You a whole clown who can't tell the difference between a valid critique and "disrespect". DB has never been the penultimate in writing & that hasn't changed it's significance or impact, which I already said.
Prime DragonBall is every bit as good as (better actually) any Shonen you can name when it comes to characters, story building, action/fighting, and yes, writing. You clowns gotta stop pretending like theres vastly better shonen than Prime DB/Z. its a myth. And I dont fukk with it :francis:

dEmOn SlAyEr .. nikka please :mjlol:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Prime DragonBall is every bit as good as (better actually) any Shonen you can name when it comes to characters, story building, action/fighting, and yes, writing. You clowns gotta stop pretending like theres vastly better shonen than Prime DB/Z. its a myth. And I dont fukk with it :francis:

people like to act like dragonball wasnt the prototype for success :skip:. there may be better stories told in other franchises but tey followed the blueprint and tweaked it

Super had whack shyt like Goku Black :comeon:. Just sloppy as hell and yet ANOTHER Goku :beli:, how the fukk did fans come up with better storylines than the actual creators of the series :deadmanny:. Z was straightforward, Super is really inconsistent

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Eh I don't know about that.

There wouldn't be One Piece without Dragonball...but in terms of story and worldbuilding there's no comparison, OP>>>DB. I might put YYH and HxH in that category too.

That said...

Z>>Super>OG Dragonball>>>>>>>>GT

Although I haven't watched OG Dragonball in a long time, maybe I'm underrating it :yeshrug:

Adonis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm the greatest, something like Ali in his prime
people like to act like dragonball wasnt the prototype for success :skip:. there may be better stories told in other franchises but tey followed the blueprint and tweaked it

Super had whack shyt like Goku Black :comeon:. Just sloppy as hell and yet ANOTHER Goku :beli:, how the fukk did fans come up with better storylines than the actual creators of the series :deadmanny:. Z was straightforward, Super is really inconsistent
It's because Toriyama is old and washed up. He doesn't want to write Dragon Ball anymore.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D

Fist of the north star is the father of dragon ball and every other shonen about throwin hands

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Eh I don't know about that.

There wouldn't be One Piece without Dragonball...but in terms of story and worldbuilding there's no comparison, OP>>>DB. I might put YYH and HxH in that category too.

That said...

Z>>Super>OG Dragonball>>>>>>>>GT

Although I haven't watched OG Dragonball in a long time, maybe I'm underrating it :yeshrug:

As you said, there wouldn't be OP without DragonBall... All im saying is DB doesn't get the respect it deserves in anime community. Not even close. Nikkas treat it like it's some new modern day anime and not the grandfather. Its only Hip Hop and Anime communities that don't respect its elders :stopitslime:

OP had years to improve on a formula that was birthed by DB. And yes, you're criminally underrating the original Dragonball. Its god tier, best in class Shonen imo