Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last arc was boring this arc is boring and the next one will be boring too. Why are there no stakes? No build-up? This whole series fills so rushed compared to DBZ. There's a million ways they could have brought back Frieza and this is the one they chose? They even got a second chance to try something different from the movie and they still chose the same thing... We could have got a whole Frieza Clan arc but instead we got this...

Frieza killed Picollo and damn near killed Gohan and i don't even care, nobody does. Goku and Vegeta are treating this like a sparring match. When the animation sucks, the stakes are low and fights are lame whats left? When the tension and stakes are higher in a tenkiaichi tournement than versus a galactic lord of destruction something is wrong.

This show lacks what made DBZ special and fight scenes with no heart or meaning behind them are pointless.

I'm gonna have to pass on this show for now.. The champa arc looks just as stupid. No stakes and just the other world tournament on steroids.

No Thanks

Champagne Kudo

Shyness Boy
Daps
Reppin
conquering north korea for nice tight asian p*ssy
The last arc was boring this arc is boring and the next one will be boring too. Why are there no stakes? No build-up? This whole series fills so rushed compared to DBZ. There's a million ways they could have brought back Frieza and this is the one they chose? They even got a second chance to try something different from the movie and they still chose the same thing... We could have got a whole Frieza Clan arc but instead we got this...

Frieza killed Picollo and damn near killed Gohan and i don't even care, nobody does. Goku and Vegeta are treating this like a sparring match. When the animation sucks, the stakes are low and fights are lame whats left? When the tension and stakes are higher in a tenkiaichi tournement than versus a galactic lord of destruction something is wrong.

This show lacks what made DBZ special and fight scenes with no heart or meaning behind them are pointless.

I'm gonna have to pass on this show for now.. The champa arc looks just as stupid. No stakes and just the other world tournament on steroids.

No Thanks
The Champa Arc stakes are if they lose the universe 7 earth goes to universe 6. And if they win they get the Super Dragon Balls from Champa.

Also they foreshadowed to there being some underlying reason for them wanting the balls.

Don't judge the series on the anime b. Just read the manga. It's doing everything much better.

Also Frieza was never supposed to be intimidating, the whole point of his saga was to get across Goku & Vegeta's flaws.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Champa Arc stakes are if they lose the universe 7 earth goes to universe 6. And if they win they get the Super Dragon Balls from Champa.

Also they foreshadowed to there being some underlying reason for them wanting the balls.

Don't judge the series on the anime b. Just read the manga. It's doing everything much better.

Also Frieza was never supposed to be intimidating, the whole point of his saga was to get across Goku & Vegeta's flaws.
nah he's got a few points. the effort just hasn't been there. it's been very lazy and very sloppy. not saying it hasn't been fun, but i could see why someone wouldn't wanna waste their time with it anymore. TOEI has shown their cards, this is second rate dragonball.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The universe is meaningless, it might as well be just earth they are fighting for. It could be 1 planet or a million but if there are no ties to these things then whats the point? One problem DBZ had was that earth was just used as a backdrop for fighting and not a place worth saving. Cell was interesting because he actually terrorized the cities sucking up people and blowing up random towns, we finally saw some interaction with the humans these fighters were fighting for. It added a cost to the human life in the world.

Frieza is one of the most intimidating and ruthless villains in DBZ. If thats not what they were aiming for than they already screwed up. Piccolo should have died( and stay dead for a long time.) because of Goku's flaws and Vegeta should lose against Freiza because of his own flaws. The whole world blowing up and Whis reversing time is stupid and lazy writing.

Champagne Kudo

Shyness Boy
Daps
Reppin
nah he's got a few points. the effort just hasn't been there. it's been very lazy and very sloppy. not saying it hasn't been fun, but i could see why someone wouldn't wanna waste their time with it anymore. TOEI has shown their cards, this is second rate dragonball.
I'm talking about the manga breh. I admit the anime is ass.

Champagne Kudo

Shyness Boy
Daps
Reppin
The universe is meaningless, it might as well be just earth they are fighting for. It could be 1 planet or a million but if there are no ties to these things then whats the point? One problem DBZ had was that earth was just used as a backdrop for fighting and not a place worth saving. Cell was interesting because he actually terrorized the cities sucking up people and blowing up random towns, we finally saw some interaction with the humans these fighters were fighting for. It added a cost to the human life in the world.

Frieza is one of the most intimidating and ruthless villains in DBZ. If thats not what they were aiming for than they already screwed up. Piccolo should have died( and stay dead for a long time.) because of Goku's flaws and Vegeta should lose against Freiza because of his own flaws. The whole world blowing up and Whis reversing time is stupid and lazy writing.
Except it's not. The universe is different from the one that the one that they know. Like how in U6 earth has no humans and apparently saiyans are freely running around. There's more differences that we don't know about yet.

Also Goku & Vegeta did lose to Frieza because of their flaws.

And It'd be kinda hard to keep Piccolo dead anyway seeing as they can other dragon balls anytime they want.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except it's not. The universe is different from the one that the one that they know. Like how in U6 earth has no humans and apparently saiyans are freely running around. There's more differences that we don't know about yet.

Also Goku & Vegeta did lose to Frieza because of their flaws.

And It'd be kinda hard to keep Piccolo dead anyway seeing as they can other dragon balls anytime they want.

When it comes to the flaws i mean Goku fights for his friends and his flaws costed him a close friends life in Piccolo. Vegeta fights for himself and pride and loses both in the battle with Frieza due explicitly to his flaws. The world blowing up doesn't necessarily mean high stakes. Goku's lack of focus killed piccolo and Vegeta's arrogance causes him to lose the fight and his pride. That's what was at stake and they lost. Piccolo staying gone at least for a long while adds weight to that cost and Vegeta not being able to humble himself and lose the fight takes a huge hit to his pride that he never quite recovers from. That is what makes fights meaningful and it doesn't take a lot of effort.

Edit: reversing time and making things all better does nothing to help these characters grow and evolve.

Edit: Think about it. Vegeta getting a second chance at destroying Frieza and finally this time Vegeta is stronger than him and he STILL loses. He doesn't get to avenge his fellow saiyans and his pride takes a huge hit. Stuff like that changes characters and I think it would have been a good change and a wake up call for vegeta.

Champagne Kudo

Shyness Boy
Daps
Reppin
When it comes to the flaws i mean Goku fights for his friends and his flaws costed him a close friends life in Piccolo. Vegeta fights for himself and pride and loses both in the battle with Frieza due explicitly to his flaws. The world blowing up doesn't necessarily mean high stakes. Goku's lack of focus killed piccolo and Vegeta's arrogance causes him to lose the fight and his pride. That's what was at stake and they lost. Piccolo staying gone at least for a long while adds weight to that cost and Vegeta not being able to humble himself and lose the fight takes a huge hit to his pride that he never quite recovers from. That is what makes fights meaningful and it doesn't take a lot of effort.

Edit: reversing time and making things all better does nothing to help these characters grow and evolve.
Breh you nor really gonna get that from DB, Toriyama just ain't that kinda writer.
And i never said it has stakes.

The reasons Goku lost was because he's cocky and doesn't pay attention to his surroundings and I forget what it was for Vegeta. I think those are just fine for them but if you don't agree that's cool too :yeshrug:

Champagne Kudo

Shyness Boy
Daps
Reppin

Edit: Think about it. Vegeta getting a second chance at destroying Frieza and finally this time Vegeta is stronger than him and he STILL loses. He doesn't get to avenge his fellow saiyans and his pride takes a huge hit. Stuff like that changes characters and I think it would have been a good change and a wake up call for vegeta.
Wait that last edit is exactly what happens though :dwillhuh:

The whole point is for their flaws to be pointed out so they can improve upon them.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh you nor really gonna get that from DB, Toriyama just ain't that kinda writer.
And i never said it has stakes.

The reasons Goku lost was because he's cocky and doesn't pay attention to his surroundings and I forget what it was for Vegeta. I think those are just fine for them but if you don't agree that's cool too :yeshrug:
I don't disagree that points are being made. I'm just saying that they are being made very poorly and lazy. I've seen so many other manga and anime written so well and with so much forethought its a shame that DBS doesn't get the same treatment.