Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
:rudy:y'all know i'm right. Trying to revive this series was a fail starting with Battle of Gods being released and all these stupid ass transformations. Completely killed this series.
yeah cause Im the series quality ended so well with the Buu saga :hhh: Black saga is a top 3 saga of DB, even with the shytty ending

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Nah breh... I still want to see the bigger picture, still got one more season left in them with mysteries...

The Evil smiling grand priests...
The previous already erased universes
The other exempt universes and their fighters
Vegeta & Co seeing Planet Sadala & the other versions of the Saiyans from that universe
The killer of Jiren's parents
we certainly havent hit the crescendo with DBS yet, I doubt they thought they were getting canceled tho. Alot to cover whenever it comes back

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
thats because toriyama was thinking about making gohan the main character but later realized he couldnt compare to goku.
it wasnt a "realized" situation, the audience from Japan literally demanded Goku be brought back. Gohan also had several times more personality than Goku by the time Z came along

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Super redoing all the moments from Z has me feeling like this is going to end like Gohan v Cell and with Frieza playing the Vegeta role.

UI is hype but I'm ready for this tournament to be over.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
it wasnt a "realized" situation, the audience from Japan literally demanded Goku be brought back. Gohan also had several times more personality than Goku by the time Z came along
NO. NO. NO.

Y'all nikkas need to stop repeating this false rumor. How many times have I had to pull this interview up in this thread?

Translations | Daizenshuu 2 - Akira Toriyama Super Interview

Interviewer: And then the Cell arc ended. Did you think that everyone felt you would put Gohan into the leading role?

Akira Toriyama: I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.

In fact, Toriyama usually didn't listen to the fans most of the time. Keeping Vegeta alive was one of the few occasions.

Last edited:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
NO. NO. NO.

Y'all nikkas need to stop repeating this false rumor. How many times have I had to pull this interview up in this thread?

Interviewer: And then the Cell arc ended. Did you think that everyone felt you would put Gohan into the leading role?

Akira Toriyama: I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.

In fact, Toriyama usually didn't listen to the fans most of the time. Keeping Vegeta alive was one of the few occasions.
I see where you're coming from, I was wrong. I went and looked back and Goku was supposed to be a different more original character as well. In the context of Goku being the same shytty 1D character as he is now, letting him be the main protagonist of the Cell Saga would've been atrocious for this series.

The biggest fukking issue in all of this is Akira saying a character HE designed wasnt suitable for a role. All he had to do was make Gohan evolve into more than academics :hhh: Akira couldve made Super fire as fukk if he just designed Gohan to be a replacement, but he rather have been lazy and kept reviving Goku repeatedly

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Matter of fact, I dont even see why most of you dust head nikkas would want a Z continuation with Goku being slurped by Akira as he is. That means there's NO upside or potential other than everybody being fodder until the next Goku "miracle". That was every fukking arc in Z. At least they've teased us in Super with Trunks getting the final heroic moment, Vegeta and Gohan doing their things here, Goten and Trunks potentially coming thru. Z had none of this except Uub, who was likely just gonna be a clone of Goku (scrappy ass dude from a questionable background where he had to work for everything)

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I see where you're coming from, I was wrong. I went and looked back and Goku was supposed to be a different more original character as well. In the context of Goku being the same shytty 1D character as he is now, letting him be the main protagonist of the Cell Saga would've been atrocious for this series.

The biggest fukking issue in all of this is Akira saying a character HE designed wasnt suitable for a role. All he had to do was make Gohan evolve into more than academics :hhh: Akira couldve made Super fire as fukk if he just designed Gohan to be a replacement, but he rather have been lazy and kept reviving Goku repeatedly
You can't just force a character into a certain archetype, though. Toriyama probably thought a story centered around Gohan's type of character wouldn't be interesting.Toriyama generally prefers protagonists like Goku and Arale. He wrote Gohan fairly consistently as a character that doesn't fit that mold in the slightest.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
You can't just force a character into a certain archetype, though. Toriyama probably thought a story centered around Gohan's type of character wouldn't be interesting.Toriyama generally prefers protagonists like Goku and Arale. He wrote Gohan fairly consistently as a character that doesn't fit that mold in the slightest.
its just when you see a character that hits gradual ceilings as he rises, you think he'd fit in a situation where the threat levels rise and rise. In a constantly escalating world, you think Gohan would've been better than Goku, who hit a character crescendo back in like the Frieza saga, at latest. He literally showed NO development after being tested by Frieza, maybe some occurred with training Teen Gohan. But Buu Saga? nope. Whole super? nope. It seems more flawed to stick with someone who hit a clear ceiling already