Daps
tumblr_p52fv43DWa1wx0kezo2_1280.png

Beerus is awesome. This is a fact, end of story :ufdup:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is he in the bad guy trope? The rules of the tournament bound him to defeating Goku and Co to live.
At worst they exposed him to be a flawed loner in need of new way of thinking. He's no Frieza or Cell.

I don't think you understood what I meant. But your also wrong. Jiren is there for his wish not his universes survival. I'm not sure if they touched on it in the anime but in the manga Jiren was going to opt out of the tournament even when he knew what the stakes were until he heard about the Dragonball wish.

But back to the bad guy thing. In the beginning Jiren did seem like he was not in the tournament for selfish reason and that being the leader of the Pride Troopers he would have some sort of compassion for is companions, but the turned out not to be the case and hes just some power hungry loner.

Frieza was very similar. Only difference is Jiren doesnt kill people for pleasure.

Edit: Basically he started out as an Antagonist/Adversery but they gave him more villainous attributes toward the end which I don't think they blended well into his character. Maybe if his backstory was better fleshed out it would work but it didnt work for me. Hence he became a pretty straight forward bad guy.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Not meaning to rain on anyone parade Super just seems to lack that flair that DBZ had. Don’t get me wrong I will always watch any DB content because I grew up on this shyt but that doesn’t stop me from recognising flaws and bad writing. And you are right they can’t end things on Super as they need to reach the ending of Z to connect things and conclude the series.
Yes we all agree that Super is not as good as Z. We all agree that Super could have been way better. That does not mean it's trash though.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Episode was good to me, in retrospect super as a whole is decent the first arc was ok, second was trash every since then it’s been flames. It’s just not as gritty as Z and some of y’all refuse to see that.

And i do think they over did it with transformations especially god ones

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I don't think you understood what I meant. But your also wrong. Jiren is there for his wish not his universes survival. I'm not sure if they touched on it in the anime but in the manga Jiren was going to opt out of the tournament even when he knew what the stakes were until he heard about the Dragonball wish.

But back to the bad guy thing. In the beginning Jiren did seem like he was not in the tournament for selfish reason and that being the leader of the Pride Troopers he would have some sort of compassion for is companions, but the turned out not to be the case and hes just some power hungry loner.

Frieza was very similar. Only difference is Jiren doesnt kill people for pleasure.

Based only on the anime for me.

Then everyone is a bad guy. Cause everyone from Universe 7 jumped in for the wish cause Goku didn't tell them the universe was in danger at first. That's may be selfish but I don't know if it pushes someone to bad guy level. Heck Vegeta was talking about his wish up until the moment he fell out the ring.

I agree to an extent. But since we don't know what exactly Jiren's wish is. They've left him a redemption angle. Jiren turned power hungry after losing 2 versions of his family to a powerful monster.He turned his back on believing in others cause of a trauma. It's a built in "escape hatch" for a character redemption in Goku. A man who has turned a guy like Piccolo who has tried to kill him and became the defacto godfather to his son.

Edit: Basically he started out as an Antagonist/Adversery but they gave him more villainous attributes toward the end which I don't think they blended well into his character. Maybe if his backstory was better fleshed out it would work but it didnt work for me. Hence he became a pretty straight forward bad guy.

Yeah, it was rushed. The half-assed backstory left too much room for a redemption. They made sure to let him traumatic in a Batman way. And Batman too became a loner who didn't trust his own crew but he never was seen as the bad guy.

Frieza and Vegeta's villainous acts were defined by their personalities which have stayed consistent as their motivations have changed. Jiren doesn't have a personality. He's just plot.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
lol at people still complaining about the pacing being bad. :mjlol: Us oldheads all remember the

So many time I had the :damn:

so you youngin's should just :ufdup: stfu and take it.

Wanna talk about slow pacing, after 21 YEARS we finally know if casca get's her mind back in berserk. 21 YEARS :mjgrin:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This UI stuff is only good because of the pacing it’s more like the old stuff. Typically in super the fight would be tied up in two episodes that’s not really enough to flush out or build up hype and an anticipation for characters.