Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Nah breh... I still want to see the bigger picture, still got one more season left in them with mysteries...

The Evil smiling grand priests...
The previous already erased universes
The other exempt universes and their fighters
Vegeta & Co seeing Planet Sadala & the other versions of the Saiyans from that universe
The killer of Jiren's parents

Not meaning to rain on anyone parade Super just seems to lack that flair that DBZ had. Don’t get me wrong I will always watch any DB content because I grew up on this shyt but that doesn’t stop me from recognising flaws and bad writing. And you are right they can’t end things on Super as they need to reach the ending of Z to connect things and conclude the series.

LordLyons

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killed it for WHO???:mindblown: The series is way more popular now as it has hit a resurgence...
Okay yeah it is very popular but that doesn't change the fact that the show is trash. Why the fukk has frieza been brought back 3 times. Trash

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Okay yeah it is very popular but that doesn't change the fact that the show is trash. Why the fukk has frieza been brought back 3 times. Trash

I like the punishment Frieza has been taking it has cracked me up to see how much he lost his mind...

To see how much he is outclassed and outpowered but he's still scheming...:heh: he's like Littlefinger

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Some people just like to complain about shyt for the sake of getting attention. Some of the same people be complaining in the Black Panther, Black Lightning, and Arrow threads about stuff that ultimately is trivial

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So now that we are down to the last couple episodes I think its close enough to start discussing this.

Do you guys think UI or even SSB will carry on into the next iteration of Dragonball?

A part of me feels that the concept of God ki needs to be either more fleshed out or completely dropped altogether.

My predictions for the end of Super is that God ki will be extinguished and the concept of God of Destructions will be retired permanently. I hoping there isn't a mind wipe for the characters but if there is I hope Vegeta and Goku are the only ones that remember the tournament.

I know the outros don't really hold much weight but in the current outro Goku and Vegeta both hit a flame of God ki and extinguish it. This probably has no symbolic meaning to the actual ending though.

But that is a way for DBZ to continue where Super left off without big continuity plot holes.

Last edited:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The pacing of this series is horrendous
Maybe but DBZ had terrible pacing issues too. The thing is most people didnt't watch DBZ during its initial run on Toonami so they could skip to the good Saga/fights and if they did see it on the initial run most of us were too young to notice those type of issues.

DragonballZ and Super isn't known for its great storytelling so I doubt even with Super being newly released most people would go back and watch it episode by episode from start to finish. Instead they'll go online find out the interesting parts and watch those. Also pacing isnt a much of an issue if you can go from one episode to the next without a week+ delay.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Edit: Also remember when Jiren was a "good" guy.

They tried to make him more the one dimensional but I understand why he had to eventually follow the bad guy troupe.

How is he in the bad guy trope? The rules of the tournament bound him to defeating Goku and Co to live.
At worst they exposed him to be a flawed loner in need of new way of thinking. He's no Frieza or Cell.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Super just isn't as dramatic as Z was.. There really is no build up, no huge moments.. Everything is moving so fast..

The little that I've read of the manga is a lot better when it comes to Super but it's always been that way.

Hopefully they're stopping to allow the manga to catch up and pass it.