Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Shoutout to the gawd Android 17 and his pesky barrier! Definitely Universe 7's and the tournament MVP! Dude even got to go out on his own terms and while talking cash shyt to Jiren.
images

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Not my post

But found this interesting. This from some one else on another forum

"The problem with Jiren's backstory isn't that it's generic (it is, btw). The issue here is when you realize what show you are watching: Dragon Ball. You know, the series where a baby is sent to Earth, clonks his head, and becomes a martial artist, training with multiple masters until he learns about his background as a member of an extinct warrior race, and eventually fulfills a prophecy from their culture, becoming a legendary warrior that is said to be virtually indestructable. The series where the prince of said race has all his people slaughtered by a space dictator, is held in bondage, and trains most of his life to become the strongest in the universe. The series where a boy from the future has all his loved ones killed, and is taken in by a master to train to become strong enough to protect the remaining individuals in his planet (wait, this sounds familiar).

Case in point, training has always been a major theme in this franchise. We understand that saiyans are a unique race that are genetically built to fight. Hence, they are unusually strong. So then, why is it that Jiren, a seemingly generic alien, is able to train, but unlike everyone else, can surpass even the gods and be unaffected by time itself (I still can't get over that)? Because he really, really likes being strong? The only thing more unbearable than this is the "u weak, i strong" dialogue they're going to have Jiren repeatedly spewing now, since Toei loves turning their characters into caricatures (JUSTICE FLASH!!!).

Oh, and he lost trust in people, so... he's a part of the Pride Troopers because... strength? Strength is justice? What?

Jiren should have been the survivor of a destroyed universe that had such a high level, it was considered a threat. Jiren should be someone who was born with such an unfathomable power, he trained his whole life to suppress it to not cause damage to the environments and people around him (perfect contrast to Goku). Jiren should be someone with a true sense of justice and little arrogance, as shown in one of the chapters in the manga, not this "strength is justice" bullshyt, which just makes him come off as a villain or lame anti-hero.'"

Y'all's thoughts?
giphy.gif

They obviously didn't give a fukk and gave us some bullshyt generic story. fukk it :manny:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I know Vegeta was laying there hearing that story like "Oh you mad cause you lost your PARENTS nikka????:gucci: Nikka my WHOLE RACE DEAD:damn:"

"The nikka that KILLED MY RACE IS ON MY TEAM NIKKA:damn::damn::damn:"

If I'm Vegeta I'm stopping everything cause nikkas bout to HEAR my struggle since it's story time in this bytch:stopitslime:

"I was born a Saiyan boy, on the planet that was my father's namesake. I would soon become aware of the slavery I was born into..."

Jiren wouldn't make it coming up in U7 bruh.

Ain't no pride troopers round here you bytch ass nikka:camby:
OMG I can't wait for Daquan Wiltshire's review because this post sounds just like him :laff:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I know Vegeta was laying there hearing that story like "Oh you mad cause you lost your PARENTS nikka????:gucci: Nikka my WHOLE RACE DEAD:damn:"

"The nikka that KILLED MY RACE IS ON MY TEAM NIKKA:damn::damn::damn:"

If I'm Vegeta I'm stopping everything cause nikkas bout to HEAR my struggle since it's story time in this bytch:stopitslime:

"I was born a Saiyan boy, on the planet that was my father's namesake. I would soon become aware of the slavery I was born into..."

Jiren wouldn't make it coming up in U7 bruh.

Ain't no pride troopers round here you bytch ass nikka:camby:
You make a really good point. They should have either left it a mystery, or picked literally anything other than what they went with. Even Future Trunks got better, more tragic backstory

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
I totally forget about the evil Angels tease with that one smiling dude

I guess he was just an a$$hole

I think the Vegeta/Jiren comparison is unfair. Vegeta didnt have no love for his people like Jiren did. In fact he came close to exterminating the last of his species not Freeza:dead:

Last edited: